Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So Who Went Fishing Today?

Post Thanks / Like

Default So Who Went Fishing Today?

Well yall, went out today in the pouring rain and great! Boys, those fish were so stuffed, all of them full of minnows and shad, and they wanted my offerings! Something was happing today under the waters surface, not sure what, but it was all good? Im sure tomorrow, will be a tough bite, with tonights low-low temps and high wind, and cold rain. So, whats the plan for tomorrow?? What yall think??

BAMA S is online now Crappie.com Legend and AL Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't get to fish today, but I'm headed out in AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Will not get to fish until wife recovers.
    FISH ON

Post Thanks / Like

I went out about 8am to a small local harbor that still is mostly iced in. We have punched holes around the slip dock pilings and posts. I brought home a dozen 10" or better, could have got a limit I think but by 11:30 my right index finger and thumb were numb and I couldn't get them warmed up so I came home. (Fingers have been frostbitten in the past so I have to be careful I don't do more damage.) Here in northwest Indiana it only got to 36F today, and with a 15 knot north wind coming down 3 miles of lake it was cold.

Fish bit inconsistently, going on a bite for a while and then shutting down for a while. They also were striking inconsistently, sometimes you could see them come out from under the ice and smack the jig, or your bobber would disappear in a heartbeat. Other times they would mouth the bait and your bobber would just slowly go down, or if you were tight-lining you wouldn't have a clue unless you picked up or the line began drifting sideways.

Warm front passing through sometime tomorrow morning, mid 50s tomorrow, sixties Monday, then back to low 50s-upper 40s the rest of the week. Should stay above freezing though, so this ice is going to melt. There is still 8-10 inches of rotten ice in places. Hoping to get some more ice-out bite fishing in this week. I try to lay up a stock in the freezer this time of year.

Post Thanks / Like

Went out and closed out my ice fishing for the year. The blue gills were biting really good though.A friend and I had two limits (25) apiece. Ice is getting real honey combed and is about 10 inches of bad ice. Time to get on to other things on the river. Good fishing.....STEVE

Post Thanks / Like

BB hope all is better soon bud! Plans were changed down my way due to this weather moving in. Had plans for some night fishing during the off days but a friend said the winds were kicking over his way...maybe next week.

Post Thanks / Like

We're still socked in with ice up here in MA. Hopefully, after this week of near "normal" temps, the ice will give up the ghost and I'll be able to wet a line!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Took my dad out Saturday morning. Temps in the low 70s, water temps low 60s, WIND in the 15-20s, caught only 4 black male crappie on jigs. The story of my life......was told by two other guys that LAST weekend, they both limited out with 30 crappie each plus a bass or bluegill or two. Last weekend=eating it up! This weekend=super slow! Had fun with Pops, though. GTT

Post Thanks / Like

Went out this morning again with Dad. Caught ZERO! Ran into a friend as we were leaving and told him we had poor luck, so he and I went to a different lake together while Dad came home with my truck and boat. He didn't want to chance another poor trip. Anyway, my friend and I caught 22 crappie, all black males, in about 3 feet of water fishing a jig about 18" under a cork. We were using Kalins Arkansas shad triple threat 2" grubs. If the males were there, where are the females full of eggs? Never found them today. GTT

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I go more days than not. They usually bite well just before a storm and are tougher to catch after the front. Not say'n they don't bite but are somewhat harder to catch. My advice post front is slow down fish deeper tight to cover and or bottom. The Crappie have been stuffed with Shad like most prespawn fish every spring.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast