Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Fork WOW!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Fork WOW!!!!!!

Hello All,

Here are a few pics.from the trip a freind and I made to Lake Fork over this past weekend. It was about 30 degrees in the morning warming to the mid 50s. We caught this two person limit(50 fish) of nice crappie in 35-40 feet of water. The fish were 1-2 feet off the bottom. We used 1/8 ounce jigs and minnows. The bigger fish (the ones I caught preferred the jigs). After the limit of crappie our guide put us on some good bass fishing. We caught 10 or so bass in about an hour.Lake Fork is a beautiful lake. The water is clear and the scenery is awesome. I will go back. Our guides name was Ray Vareen with Fish On Guide Service. Ray is a heck of a guy. He had torn his bicep two days before our trip but you would have never known it. Not only did he do what he said he would do (put us on fish). Ray baited lines and took the fish off. Ray showed us what to look for in finding winter crappie and what to look for on the electronics. When we put the boat in there was a camera crew and a pro going out to film a show for the East Texas Angler. When we got back to the ramp that evening they were loading the boats on the trailers. Ray asked them how they had done. The host of the show didn't have much good to say.When they asked Ray how we did and he told them we got 2 limits of crappie and finished the day with 10 or so bass you should have seen the faces. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Ray. You will not want to leave. I know I didn't
    Attached Images Attached Images