Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: The inspiration for this forum

Post Thanks / Like

Default The inspiration for this forum

Yesterday I towed Jacob Hayes and his buddy to the ramp. His trolling motor ran out of juice. I seen them desperately rowing their boat making little headway so I asked them if they wanted a tow. They were younger guys and certainly woulda made it back rowing, but they were getting tired fast. So Abbey and I helped them out.

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  56.6 KB
    Name:  22.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  70.4 KB

Jacob joined the site and here's what he said in a PM to me: "Thank you for towing me and my friend back to the docks. I plan on getting a second battery or a motor soon so it wont happen again to me at least and maybe I can pass on the favor to someone else sometime."

I did a good deed.

But the real inspiration for creating this forum is right here:

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  59.7 KB

Name:  photo2.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  104.4 KB

Do you notice who was driving the boat? It's our 2013 Crappie.com man of the year himself, Billbob. This assured me all the more that we chose the right person for last years Man Of The Year.

I've fished with Billbob many times. And every time we seen someone in distress Billbob did not even think about it. His reaction was automatic. He went to help. I can not even remember how many times.

Thank you for your inspiration Billbob. I'm just doing my part and "paying it forward".
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best
    Likes bdunn3, Speckanator, Fish on Line, skeetbum LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

This is a great idea. I am looking forward to seeing pictures. I have towed some before but did not have a camera.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't brought anyone back to the ramp, BUT I got stranded on Lake Dora during the March Slabtogether.
    I have two trolling motor batteries and one for the motor. At the conclusion of fishing, I attempted to start the big motor, I did not even get a click. Checked the deadman switch, it was in correct position, noticed my fish finders all had turned off. Not a good feeling. NO PROBLEM, I got out my jumper cables and attempted to jump from my trolling batteries. They were depleted, BOTH OF THEM. Got on the cell phone and called 65Pontiac, Russ had not gotten his boat on the trailer yet. Russ came out and we put the jumper cables from his starting battery to mine. Motor would not turn over, had to wait until the batteries equalized, then it started up.
    I believe my problem started from fishing the day before and for some reason the main battery did not fully charge overnight. As far as the trolling motor batteries, I HAD a switch in line that I could switch between batteries. I believe that the switch is a resistance and caused the batteries to draw down within three hours each. I have a Minn Kota 55, which should run longer than three hours from one battery.

Post Thanks / Like

Please start a new thread for each good deed. Otherwise they will get buried. Not a big deal, but I think it's better that way (not being buried). And we can better see how many good deeds we done.
    Owner

Post Thanks / Like

I'd rather not broadcast most of the help I pass forward, it's kinda like wetting yourself in a wet suit nobody notices but you get a warm feeling. Ferdi

Quote Originally Posted by Slab View Post
    Please start a new thread for each good deed. Otherwise they will get buried. Not a big deal, but I think it's better that way (not being buried). And we can better see how many good deeds we done.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdi View Post
    I'd rather not broadcast most of the help I pass forward, it's kinda like wetting yourself in a wet suit nobody notices but you get a warm feeling. Ferdi
    That's OK. Tell us of good deeds you were the recipient of then. But don't forget, if you do share a good deed you did, it may very well inspire another good deed.
    Owner

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

JFK said it well "Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country." ....BUT...Our Lord and savior said it best. in Matthew 22:39...."You must love your neighbor as yourself."

It is always nice to treat someone as you wish to be treated and then pay ot forward on to someone else.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Likes bdunn3 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

God, kinda does that to us.......lol We....at least I never see the big picture....