Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Names of your favorite fishing holes. Let's hear some.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Names of your favorite fishing holes. Let's hear some.

I have several that my uncles named back in the '60s and '70s. Some that I fish regularly are:
    *Tall Tree Hole, found and named by my uncle W.E. "Doc" Stratton after the tallest tree in the lake standing at the time, it has been gone for years now, only the stump remains, but it's still known as the Tall Tree Hole
    *RV Hole, named after a man named R.V. Anderson, who showed it to my dad
    *Two Stick Hole, found and named by my dad Gary Cox after he found crappie near two little sticks barely sticking up out of the water, they're gone now too, but the Two Stick Hole remains
    *Sucker Rod Hole, named after a piece of rebar someone drove into a stump so they could yo yo near it's location
    *Bean Shooter Hole, named after the big Y shaped tree that used to stand there, it too is no longer standing.......just a big stump now
    *Iron Dock Hole, named after the iron dock that the owners piled brush off the end of
    *Floating Log Hole, the oldest of our fishing holes! named after a big log that sometimes would be floating and other times wouldn't be floating, several times we thought it had floated away, but it would always just show back up on occasion
    *Laird Hole, named after a friend of my uncle whose last name was Laird
    *Levy Hole, named because of its location just about 30 feet from the levy
    *Johnson Hole, named after the man who told my uncles about its whereabouts, the man's name was not Johnson though??
    *Black Stump Hole, named because it had been on fire and burned at some time
    *Uncle Bick Hole, named after my uncle George V. "Bick" Stratton
    *Skinny Tree Hole, named & found by me beside a skinny pencil thin tree, it's no longer standing
    *Preacher Hole, named because a local preacher was seen fishing there once
    *Back Hole, named because it's way way off the boat lane in the back of the lake, almost too far back to try but it usually pays off
    *Jeff Hole, named after my cousin Jeff Stratton who baited it up and brought fish to a place none of us regulars had ever tried before
    *Karsten Hole, found by and named after Karsten Tidwell, a very good friend of mine
    *Triangle Hole, found and named by me after three stumps that form an almost perfect equilateral triangle
    *56 Hole, named because my cousin Randy Stratton entered it in on his GPS and it was waypoint number 56
    *Raincoat Hole, named because of a blue raincoat wrapped around a tree on the bank near its location
    *Boy Scout Hole, named because it's very near a campground where a huge pack of Boy Scouts were camping at the day it was found
    *Pet Hole, named by my uncle Bill Stratton after an old black woman he once knew named Pet
    *Weathervane Hole, named because it was in front of cabin and the owners had put a weathervane on the end of a tv antenna and had secured it to a stump nearby
    *Ski Rope Hole, named because of the piece of ski rope hanging in a tree near its location
    *Marina Cove Hole, named after it's location
    *Peach Cooler Hole, found and named by my uncle Bick Stratton, he sank an empty Seagram's peach cooler bottle there to mark its location, that's what he told us anyway
    *Dale Hole, named after a deep water hole that Dale Wilson, my father-in-law, found one winter

Those are just my crappie holes......I've got some bluegill, redear, and catfish spots named too. I don't bass fish unless they're schooling nearby, so I don't have any bass holes. GTT
    Last edited by GoTennTitans; 03-26-2014 at 12:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Wash Pot Hole
    Biguns Pro Guide Service 662-424-2551, B'n'M Pro Staff, Engel Coolers Pro Staff, Ego Nets Pro Staff, Cumberland Crappie Pro Staff, Wise Boat Seats Pro Staff, Southern Pro Pro Staff, Pap's Hair Jigs Pro Staff, The Edge Multifunction Trolling Motor Bracket Pro Staff, Enjoy What God has given us and remember take a kid Fishing !

Post Thanks / Like

Hamock cove - little island by it that kids have set up like a pirate island

Golf course cove - guy in big house had putting area in yard

Missionary cove - church had building with big cross by water

double cove cove - little area that had island in front and two coves behind it

double island cove - two islands side by side

Post Thanks / Like

Ditch, ---really a creek run in the river at top of the lake

gamewarden ramp------ DNR boat ramp where the officiers unload their boats (better have your stuff to fish @ there )

pile----- go figure (brush)

spy HOLE--- a place we saw another fishermen catch fish and never knew to look their, Caught many from that spot...

mail box.... there's one on a stump in there.

get angry hole----- better fish here early in the mornings on saturday cause if there's a green carp tourney you'll cuss them boats the rest ot the day
    If you don't get hung every-once-n-a-while you ain't jigg'n it right..:D
    Member of:
    South Carolina Crappie Association TX. Trail
    Vexan Pro-staff Member

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Crappie Hole #1 - 2 - 3 - etc. (various lakes)
    The Slide ... house on bank has metal slide running into lake
    Michigan Dock ... dock owner is from Michigan (lake is not in Michigan)
    The Hump ... hump comes up out of 30fow, with only 4fow on top of hump
    Double Dock ... two tier/story dock

Everything else is named according to what/where they are, or simply GPS coordinates ... and I ain't at liberty to divulge them

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Rock-n-Roll point- Pleasure boat central
    Weed point- very nice weed edge point
    The tree- Large tree still standing in 20 fow

Post Thanks / Like

I love it! I always knew that we weren't the only crappie fishermen to name our favorite spots. We also have one more. Honest truth, my uncle Bill Stratton went to the city dump to look for concrete blocks, old weight set weights, etc., just about anything heavy to sink brush. He showed up at the camp with a cracked commode that someone had dumped. We wired brush all over that thing and tossed it into 20 feet of water and down it went! Crappie flocked to it! You probably guessed by now........that place is known as the **** hole. ​GTT
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 03-26-2014 at 06:40 PM. Reason: language

Post Thanks / Like

the Toilet, Tennis Shoe

Post Thanks / Like

"Billy Falls In The Water Cove" kind of a long name but a friend of mine named Billy walked right off the bow of his boat there one time. Cold water too! Eight miles from the ramp! I don't know what he was thinking, he didn't know what he was thinking either. It wasn't a pretty picture!

RHB

BAMA S is offline Crappie.com Legend and AL Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Halfway house..... Name on pier
    Harts house...... Named after buddy that found it
    TEES Hideout....... Named after Son

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast