Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Replacing trout magnet jig heads?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Replacing trout magnet jig heads?

Have any of you ever bought any of the smaller sized jig heads off the makers on this forum to go on or replace trout magnet heads?

I like using the small trout magnet for early season crappie n gills but I don't like there jig heads. They come with 1/64 oz. I think a ball 1/64 oz n small sickle hook would work just as well on them don't you think?
    Any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

I use trout magnets for crappie and gills just about all the time. I like the trout magnet jig heads. I think changing to a ball head with change the "fall" and "action" of the trout magnet.

Post Thanks / Like

Bass Pro sells 1/64 oz ball heads. I've used them with the trout magnets. I have not noticed any difference in catch rates.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Smoltz ... contact Grousefly by PM/email/phone and tell him what you want. He should be able to custom make the head however you want it.

PM - Grousefly (Paul Mullins - P&S Custom Tackle)
    email - [email protected]
    ph# - 16066423167

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Trout magnets jigheads are designed to give action as they fall or when pulled through the water. They strongly recommend you use them with their products because they believe it will make a difference in your catch ration. I've used them and caught fish in overfished areas that looked like they didn't want to hit anything. Catches big ones too.

Post Thanks / Like

I strongly recommend you use them. Use the black color. It works best especially if you are using the twitch method.