Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: T-ville question

Post Thanks / Like

Default T-ville question

Just wondering how deep the crappie might be over at T-ville right now. Do they school up this time of year or do they stay scattered in all of the trees? We usually only pick up a few fish here and there, maybe 2-4 fish out of each spot. Should we be looking for more fish in one area this time of year, or is this par for the lake? We're going to the lake tomorrow and hopefully wednesday as well. Any info is appreciated. I'll post our results when all the catching is done...lol. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.
    Greenfish

Post Thanks / Like

Default T'Ville

Check with CP.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by GREENFISH
    Just wondering how deep the crappie might be over at T-ville right now. Do they school up this time of year or do they stay scattered in all of the trees? We usually only pick up a few fish here and there, maybe 2-4 fish out of each spot. Should we be looking for more fish in one area this time of year, or is this par for the lake? We're going to the lake tomorrow and hopefully wednesday as well. Any info is appreciated. I'll post our results when all the catching is done...lol. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.
    Greenfish

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Hey Greenfish ......

how did you do ? Sorry, but I haven't been to T-ville in months ... every time I've had a chance - it's been flooded, storming, or an endless number of other things have gotten in the way.

I don't know much about how they act, this time of year ...... but, having made a few trips during the Winter months, before -- I've found them to be schooled up tight to the submerged wood cover....more "in" the cover, than around it. I've been known to walk the bank and cast jigs over a blowdown that sticks out into 25ft of water, during the Dec to March timeframe. I've had days that I caught a couple, and days that I've caught several (and of course, those I didn't catch any). That particular tree is gone, now ... so I haven't made any "bank fishing" trips there, lately.
    And wouldn't you know it ...... just about the time the lake gets back down to Winter Pool, from the previous flooding rains -- we're due to get a couple of inches of rain, followed by a Winter storm front !!

Have you been to Cedar Creek, yet ? I've heard that the Crappie there have started to exceed the size limit (9") in good numbers. I may have to make a few trips down there, when time and weather conditions permit. ....cp

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Crappiepappy! We only caught 4 keepers, but they were all 11-13.25 in. Brought a ton of 8 in fish in the boat. The keepers came 9' down over about 20' of water, using minnows under slip floats. Caught the others tightlining from 9' down to bottom in 18' of water. Water temp was 45 with a little stain. The weather is a little too nasty to fish in today, went Christmas shopping instead. Merry Christmas
    Greenfish

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default excellent news

Thanks Greenfish ... the good news is that you caught so many 8 inchers - that means the population is still doing good. We've had a couple of years of messed up spawn times, with all the flooding, and I was concerned that we would have a big decline in the numbers of "keepers to be". I've also noticed, over the last 3-4 yrs, that the average size seems to be getting bigger ... slowly, but surely.
    Thanks for the report .......... cp