Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Headed to ReelFoot Lake, TN

Post Thanks / Like

Default Headed to ReelFoot Lake, TN

I got a small group of us are headed to Reelfoot this weekend and want to know some tips or advice on this lake. We have some experience crappie fishing, but never been to this lake to fish. Any help would be grealy appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

The best advise I can give is don't try to run your boat fast. You will leave a lower unit for structure.

Post Thanks / Like

Ya I have heard that lake is full of submerged stumps and what-not. Thanks. Have you ever fished there?

Post Thanks / Like

There are currently six "Reelfoot" threads on the first page of the Tennessee board.

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/forum...p/19-Tennessee

Post Thanks / Like

Post-spawn is the time to catch slabs (and when records are to be broken). In the lower basin where the concentration of boats is, get in line and fit in there without getting too close to anyone. Most are drifting and spider rigging for suspended fish. Usually that's a good strategy.

The upper basin(s) can be good on warmer/sunny days as this shallower water warms quickly. Some may tend to agree or disagree. Have a great time & be sure to post how you do with pics!