Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: China made?

Post Thanks / Like

Default China made?

My package came in yesterday with a new Wally Marshall Mr. Crappie Slab Shaker reel. It is nice and I do like it, but there was a big sticker on it that said Made In China. Last Spring I ordered and received two ultra light rods from B&M - same thing. My grandfather and dad would roll over in their graves if they knew I did this. I realize it's a part of during business and making a profit, the almighty dollar sign. Just bothers me that's all. Enough said.
    Randy Andres

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tracker123 View Post
    My package came in yesterday with a new Wally Marshall Mr. Crappie Slab Shaker reel. It is nice and I do like it, but there was a big sticker on it that said Made In China. Last Spring I ordered and received two ultra light rods from B&M - same thing. My grandfather and dad would roll over in their graves if they knew I did this. I realize it's a part of during business and making a profit, the almighty dollar sign. Just bothers me that's all. Enough said.
    Most all rods and reels are made there nowadays. Prolly very hard to find a US Manufacturer, if there are any. I could be wrong. Chime in anyone that knows of one.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slab View Post
    Prolly very hard to find a US Manufacturer, if there are any.
    The cutoff price point is about $100. Go below that amount, and it's almost certainly made in China. If you're willing to pay more, you can buy great American rods from Loomis and St. Croix.

As for reels, there was a US-made reel, but I can't remember the name. I guess that says a lot.

Post Thanks / Like

Sad but true. One reason I don't mind purchasing St. Croix rods. I absolutely hate purchasing anything made in china and avoid it as much as possible.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Likes TN. WATERSHED, Don G, Tracker123 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I know Penn makes reels here.
    Own a few but still like my Shimano's. Loomis and St Croix make some of the finest rods available.
    "Guns have only two enemies rust and politicians."

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember when everything "Made in Japan" was junk .... but, now it seems like they make some very good stuff. I can't say that China will follow suit, but I do have quite a lot of "China made" fishing products ... and they work fine.

There are some USA made rods : Kistler, Lamiglas, G Loomis, St Croix, & Falcon to name a few.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I think everyone feels the same way. I have two Penn spinning reels, a Battle and a Fierce both made overseas.

Post Thanks / Like

Ardent, Avet, and some Penn reels are the only American made reels. I bought a USReel, thinking I was getting an American made reel, an low and behold there was a Made in China on the base of it.

Post Thanks / Like

I was told that all of those long crappie poles that everyone likes come from one factory in China. Can't verify that, but since the guy who said it is in the rod business, I guess he would know.

DrNip is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePappy View Post
    I remember when everything "Made in Japan" was junk .... but, now it seems like they make some very good stuff.
    Haha my dad just made this very comment to me two weeks ago.
    Likes Brian Stucker LIKED above post

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast