Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fish finder question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fish finder question

I have a lowrance x-4 pro on my kayak that I use for crappie fishing small lakes.

I just purchased it and started using it this year. It's great for finding structure and baitfish, which is really all I need. Aside from the obvious water depth and temps.

But it's not showing me how deep these fish or structures are, only the total water depth.

Does anyone know if i just don't have my setting correct or if maybe this model doesn't do that? Any help or recommendations is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If there are no incremental depth markings showing on the screen ... you can determine fish depth by turning on the Fish ID & FishTrack feature. That will give you a depth level to go by.

Also, run it in Manual mode & not Auto mode ... so you can tweak any settings that are needed, plus being able to look through the menu & see if there's anything listed that might put incremental depth marks down the right side of the screen. Most pics I've seen of this unit do not show incremental depth marks on the screen ... but, a few do ... so I'm thinking it may be possible to have them show up on the screen, but that feature may be buried somewhere in the menu

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Okay! Thanks!

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Go to you tube and punch in your model and watch all the videos for your unit. It'll help you learn more about it quickly.