Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Just joined the 21st century

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just joined the 21st century

Headed to LOZ in just a bit. Putting in at Coffman. Hung the new HB 899si on the boat this week. Hopefully I'll catch some fish and not just play with the electronics all day. If y'all see me crashing docks in the charger give a shout.
    Proof is in the pictures. Top is nine and bottom is Slabbenstein!
    Likes wharfrat LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Have fun, hope it finds u some fish

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck! Let the LEARNING begin!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hope to hear a good report. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

My bet is on more playing with the "Bird" than fishin '

Post Thanks / Like

Got a nice pile of fish. Mostly 11 or bigger. Like I've been reading from everyone else they were in the shallows. I Did catch 1 little guy. Every one caught seemed go be bigger than the last. I have no idea what I'm doing with that side imaging. The wind was driving me nuts. Trolling motor batteries are toast. Finally gave up came home after the "come in high and let the wind move me thru there" strategy allowed me to crash about 5 docks and the bank a couple times. Looks like the "New" boat needs a few more hours and dollars of upgrading. Bought it in the fall and thought I had all the last guys modifications and wiring attempts rectified. Had a great day any way. Who wants to show me how this side imaging works because I'm totally confused.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Leave the fishing poles at home and go out and use it. Only way to really learn it is to spend time on the water playing with it. You can go to the electronics forum on here and learn a lot and my best resource was bassboatcentral.com. They have a hummingbird specific forum with lots of graph guru's like Doug Varenburg. I got my basic setting from those guys and went to the water and spent 10 hours in two days playing/adjusting them to what made things show up best for me. You get it figured out you will love it.

Post Thanks / Like

There are some great videos on u tube that explains things very well.

Post Thanks / Like

If the transducer is cocked slightly front to back that's gonna make a difference right? It appears to be running flat with the boat so it looks level. However, the boat seems to ride lower in the back when it's in the water? Should I get a snorkel and level and check it or just go with my guy and change the angle a bit?

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Unless running in very deep water I don't think you will notice and difference. If it is at a slight angle it will read a little further towards the front instead of straight down which would add depth to your actual reading.