Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing Sunday

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing Sunday

Been planning to go fishing Sunday. Now with the cold front coming through, what's your thoughts? I am pretty new to boat fishing in missouri and wondered if going to Stockton would be worthwhile? If not Stockton, Truman? Thanks for any help. I am thinking I am going to go anyways, but would like to hear opinions of others with more experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Just looked at the weather for Sunday Hi 46 with 13mph winds....if your not comfortable running a boat, I'd stay close to the ramp. Could get some waves you might not be ready for. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Even if you don't bring home a limit of fish, you will be out there trying, looking for new spots to try next time. That kind of weather, maybe you will stumble on some walleyes even. Wear lots of layers....keep a PFD on at all times. Have fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Minnowdipper and I fished Stockton thurs pm. not even a nibble wind was not helping either. Turkey creek area.

jigfisherx is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General, MO Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Put on the layers you think you will need and have an extra layer with you just in case. It is always colder on the water.
    God bless Charlie Brewer and Bobby Garland.

Post Thanks / Like

It'd be hard for me to drive past Truman right now, unless I was headed to Mississippi...Lol
    Likes long poler LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

On either lake I would go to an area close to or in a feeder creek channel.
    Then try the wind blown points / banks. Look in 25' of water and outside bends of the channel.It is still pre spawn and the are following the food sources. SHAD......... Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone. I live in lees summit so bucksaw is half as far as Stockton, so I may just go there. Just got done installing my new trolling motor so I have to go test it out.