Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Wireless GPS

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wireless GPS

Yep.

Just ordered meself a Bluetooth GPS 10 by Garmin. This should eliminate having to hook up (by wire) the gps to my Ipaq or my tablet PC and give me a little more foot room in the front of the boat. I can use my laptop,tablet pc, or my Ipaq just like a gps. Yep, I can record track logs, mark waypoints, etc. What I like about this arrangement is that I ain’t locked into any particular mapping equipment or maps. It is taking some time to figure it out, but Ima getting it down to a science. I like gadgets!

I don’t get to go fishing that often, so when I do go, I wanna CATCH not fish… haha

This stuff just gives me a better chance of finding the treasure boxes much faster.

I now have unlimited mapping software and unlimited gps waypoints ( 10,000 per folder), if I so choose. In other words, if the mapping software runs on a PC, then I can use it to navigate with.

I understand how these gadgets work lots better than I know how to use them. I gonna get me some practice afore long usin these goodies.

I usta not believe in this gps map stuff. I have been converted. Thanks,, to whoever it was that showed me the way!
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait until I get to see that setup working.
    Now I just need to get the honey do list out of the way.
    Pete

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShilohRed
    I can't wait until I get to see that setup working.
    Now I just need to get the honey do list out of the way.
    Pete
    Hope we can get out before long Pete. This hasn't been a very good year for me and my family. Things will get better here sooner or later. There are a few folks on here I wanted to take out, but I just couldn't do it this year. Hope they understand. I gotta take care of my family first ( before fishing).
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Tom I am like everyone else. Family comes first. And I do hope everything gets better for you soon.
    Fishing will still be there. And will only get better. All the spots that you have not been fishing will be stacked full of 2 lb fish.
    Pete