Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Had The Lake To Ourselves Today - Almost

Post Thanks / Like

Default Had The Lake To Ourselves Today - Almost

We went to Greeson today to build some more bamboo condos and then do a little fishing. We had the lake pretty much to ourselves and I was thinking how much I like this time of year because all the personal water craft and skiers are gone (actually saw one of each last weekend).

But while we were catching some really nice crappie out in the middle of the main lake channel (at least Darryl and Jim were and I was watching) we got buzzed by an airplane. It came in low and right down the channel straight towards us loosing altitude as it approached. It looked for all the world like it was going to slam right into us but the pilot pulled up just before it did and the plane was probably less than 50-feet off the water when it went over us. It wasn't a seaplane either - just a small Cessna or something. I reckon if the pilot had sneezed too hard at the wrong time we would all be dead.

It irritated me a little bit. Never could see any identifying numbers on the plane. There weren’t any numbers under the wings and we couldn’t see the sides. They circled around the area for a while and passed over us later but at a lot more reasonable altitude.

Any Pilots on here know if there are any kind of rules or regulations against this sort of thing? Could be dangerous because I’d swear if I’d had a gun I’d have taken a pot shot at the idiot! Well, maybe not but I sure would have thought about it.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

It is not bad enough that we have to dodge big boats and jet ski's but now plane's give us a break and let us fish in peace...this is our quiet time.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Jerry,

We have a min altitude here. I think it is 500 ft over water, but can't remember. The cops buzz low though. They ain't got no numbers on their drug hunting crafts. Helicopters constantly buzzing round up here. Most of them have that drug sensing equipment. They are a good neuisance. There are a couple of nuts that fly around in those lightweights up here. A few have crashed and burned.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Someone posted a while back said some black hawks buzzed them on Tennessee River. Guess that is when you bend over xxxxxxxxxxx. lol
    Today is a great day

Post Thanks / Like

Default plane buzzing

Jerry:
    It may be that someone saw you with the boo thought that you was working with some "WEED" and reported it to the police.
    If they buzzed you and saw that you were fishing and thing looked normal around the lake, and took your numbers they left to do their homework.

John

Post Thanks / Like

We get some low flying military aircraft every now and then but they don't get anywhere near as low as this guy was. I thought about the possibility of it being law enforcement but I don't think that was the case. They appeared to be out site seeing, joy riding and getting a few giggles. If they were trying to see what we were doing and get numbers off the side of my boat they would have gone beside us and not right over us.

He was coming right at as on a collision course and if he would have pulled up another second or two later I would have been over the side of the boat and swimming for the bottom, it was that close.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake
    We get some low flying military aircraft every now and then but they don't get anywhere near as low as this guy was. I thought about the possibility of it being law enforcement but I don't think that was the case. They appeared to be out site seeing, joy riding and getting a few giggles. If they were trying to see what we were doing and get numbers off the side of my boat they would have gone beside us and not right over us.

He was coming right at as on a collision course and if he would have pulled up another second or two later I would have been over the side of the boat and swimming for the bottom, it was that close.

Some people will do about ANYTHING to get a chance to fish with ya Jerry! :D
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

Post Thanks / Like

Default same idiot

I had my family on the toon boat going up river around Maumel last summer. A small plane did the same thing to us. I swear he had to of gone under the 430 bridge just like they do in the movies. It seemed like he pulled up just as he approached us.
    I love to hear and watch those military planes buzz me though. I would love to fly in one of those things.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

Default Should have thrown a plug knocker at it

Where was that 1/2 oz. spoon that you always keep ready?:D

Post Thanks / Like

It could have been my wife on a broom. She is still peeved at me for going to crappie camp.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast