Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Green River Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Green River Lake

Hey guys how is the fishing on Green River Lake...ive never fished it but I live about a hour and half from it and I heard it is a good place to crappie fish and I am getting into to spider rigging this year and wondering where and how to fish on green river lake

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NitroCrappie101 View Post
    Hey guys how is the fishing on Green River Lake...ive never fished it but I live about a hour and half from it and I heard it is a good place to crappie fish and I am getting into to spider rigging this year and wondering where and how to fish on green river lake
    Come to the Spring Fling @ Green on Apr 12th ... Holmes Bend Marina ... and talk to the gang !! They'll tell you all you need to know about fishing Green River Lake.
    Check on the KY state forum for posts concerning the Spring Fling &/or reports on what's happening at Green.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

For what its worth, I bought my boat from a man in Danville Ky, once He found out I fished for crappie, He said I needed to fish Green river lake

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tom 513 View Post
    For what its worth, I bought my boat from a man in Danville Ky, once He found out I fished for crappie, He said I needed to fish Green river lake
    Green River Lake is known for numbers, moreso than for size ... but, you will have years where one to one & a half pound Crappie are not all that uncommon in numbers.
    There is some talk about considering removing the size limit for Crappie at Green, but for right now it's just "talk". Their thinking is that Green is so full of small Crappie, that they need a serious culling. Size limit right now is 9" ... but they believe removing the size limit would be better than increasing it.
    I don't know about the rest of the people that fish Green for Crappie, but most of the people I know won't keep a Crappie from Green unless it's over 10"

KDFWR has put in about 100 brushpiles, pallet stacks, & stakebeds ... plus the hundreds of brushpiles put in by anglers, or just waterlogged wood that gets in there naturally. There's not much in the way of visible standing timber, so good electronics are key to finding the submerged stuff.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

ive heard casey creek is one of the best to fish on this lake