Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Santee Cooper Crappies

Post Thanks / Like

Default Santee Cooper Crappies

Need some general info for Santee crappies. Will be there from 3-22 thru 3-29. Staying at Bells Marina, Eutawville. Used to bass fish twice a year 15 years or so ago, never crappie fished. Just need some general info on water depth and type of cover, trees, buck brush, weeds or whatever. Any help would be appreciated....Thanks in advance....Pete

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You might get more responses on the S. Carolina board.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

when you put in at bells marine you can go to right toward the back is good at this time of year,but I think the other side of lake is better like potato creek or the one before you get to potato creek,but I always like the lower lake better at angles landing but is hard to get out of wind,my best day ever was at angles landing,never came close to it again,3.3,3.1,2.75,and 10 more over 2 lbs,just too far to go now and always got much wind
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Carolina Crappie Assoc. tournament 2 weeks ago, the 3 top teams weighing 7 fish had 19 plus pounds. Santee is producing BIG fish now.

Monk

http://monkscrappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply's. Be leaving Ohio at 6A and should be at Bells around 4P. I'll have a green Lund with a Johnson 45HP tiller (Gold and Black commercial). If you see me stop and say hello....Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by genec View Post
    when you put in at bells marine you can go to right toward the back is good at this time of year,but I think the other side of lake is better like potato creek or the one before you get to potato creek,but I always like the lower lake better at angles landing but is hard to get out of wind,my best day ever was at angles landing,never came close to it again,3.3,3.1,2.75,and 10 more over 2 lbs,just too far to go now and always got much wind
    Gotta love a day like that