Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Kayak Fishing ? Gaston County

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kayak Fishing ? Gaston County

Hello All, I have recently purchased a kayak and have been hitting the local rivers. I was raised in Gaston County and mostly Bass fished spending time on water with family versus catching fish. I am interested in learning more about Crappie Fishing from the Kayak and didnt know if there were any others out there willing to share some information. I am not looking for secret spots/baits, just general information and to be pointed in the right direction. To date I have mainly fished the South Fork River(Upper part of Wylie) between the Belmont and McAdenville Dam. If anyone is willing to meet up and go yaking, I would be interested. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I do a lot of kayak fishing for crappie, my best advice is try to gain access to backwaters, behind old dams or places not commonly used by other fishermen due to access, usually it takes a lot of work but in the end the pay off for almost any species of fish, use the fact that you can go places others can't to your advantage, especially in the spring when fish are shallow
    Just Yakin along