Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LOZ Same as everyone else....

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ Same as everyone else....

I had to make my report. Went out Friday evening about 6:30 and fished until dark right around Coffman access. Caught several nice whites in about 6 FOW right off the bottom, water temp was 41.5deg. Came back to Coffman again first thing in the morning to find a helluva line at the ramp. Turns out there was a crappie tournament that morning. So I finally get on the water and start fishing where I left off the previous night and couldn't pay for a bite and everyone I talked to couldn't either. Water temp at that time was 39.8 deg. I fished all around that area until about 10:45. I decided to run all the way up the Gravois arm and I dont' think I made 5 consecutive casts that I didn't have a fish on. Lots of 9"ers and I could have limited out in an hour if I kept those. But as someone else said, about every 10th fish was a nice one. I ended up with 12 nice blacks and 3 good whites all over 10 and 1 or 2 close to 12". I caught several off the end of a dock in 13 FOW about 2-4' down. The rest were in probably 3-5 FOW. You just throw at the bank and drag your jig back and a real good chance you'd have a fish on. Color didn't seem to matter, I threw pink/chart, black/chart, blue/silver, and black/silver and they all caught fish. Seemed to me that they wanted it moving fast, I had more luck with an 1/8oz jig vs. 1/16oz. Everyone I talked to up there was having great luck. I had a blast and really hope for a lot more of those kind of days this summer.

Name:  fish.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  13.4 KB
    Likes south point LIKED above post

Speck is online now MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Great report. Looks like a great time

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go sounds like a fun trip. Coffman was a nightmare Saturday morning for sure. I didn't get there till about 9:45 - 10:00 and parking was non existent.
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report. Thanks.
    Wood

Post Thanks / Like

Good report

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.

Post Thanks / Like

way to go, Kyle! let me know what time dinner is!

Post Thanks / Like

Bet that was fun congrats.

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go kt, thats a nice mess of fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Buddy and I finally made it to Coffman about 4pm on Saturday. Trolling around in a cove he caught a 13" white and I caught a big ol shad. Who woulda figured? We fished til dark and only managed 3 keepers. Caught quite a few shorts but evidently we were fishing too deep. Mostly just wanted to get out and run the boat as she say all winter. Blew the cobs out and had a general good time. Headed back down Saturday morning with a guy from work. Says he can fish, we will find out if he's a keeper of not. Good report from you guys. Gonna definitely run up the gravois.
    Proof is in the pictures. Top is nine and bottom is Slabbenstein!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast