Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ideas on how to store/move rigged 12' spider poles

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ideas on how to store/move rigged 12' spider poles

I'd like to see what kind of rigs you have to store and carry a full set of poles in your boat.
    My boat has a side console, and the "ledge" or shelf" going from the front deck to the back deck is only about 10" wide and that is where the rod locker is. In other words, I cant pile up the rods there because then I can't get into the rod locker and then they get all kind of tangled and such.

I wonder if any of you have figured out a way...something to separate and organize up to eight rods. I have some ideas but...
    thanks,
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 of the 3 rod vertical holders on the side of my rod locker. I use Velcro straps that I cut to fit around the rod (about 4" long) and secure the lead and one about half way up to keep the line in place. I can usually lay 2 down on top of the locker without too much tangle.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

rod rack,ezpoleholder on the miss. board built mine
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Likes BuckeyeKdog LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I wrap the line around my rods. Put the hook in the hook keeper, reel line tight just to the point where the rod tip does not start bending. Grab line around second rod eye from the reel and pull line away from rod and start twisting the rod until it wraps tight around the rod and hook the last twist around second rod eye. Wrap every rod at the same place andske sure you start at the second eye to unwind or wraps won't work out right.

If you wrap the line around the rods, you can pile them up and just about eliminate tip tangles.CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    Likes Rees Guide LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Ya gonna need a bigger boat! I made some vertical racks from PVC that are attached beside the console, Just gotta be careful around trees and bridges. 12 foot is a long way up there.

Post Thanks / Like

look up creekslick on here and check out his transport racks, they are bad to the bone!

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Driftmaster Tip Savers and Rod resters. I haul 22 rods in my 15 ft Lancer boat.

Monk

http://monkscrappie.com

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

E-Z Poleholder or Creekslick both sponsors on here and both build excellent rod carriers that you can mount and clear your rod locker lid.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979