Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: table rock 3/15

Post Thanks / Like

Default table rock 3/15

Snaggers everywhere. Over 60 boats in a very small area. Caught a few long lining. Decided to leave the mad house and head down stream. Found some new piles and caught a bunch of shorts. 5 keeperd 30 some 7 inch blacks.

I know now why my brush piles move. 100 lbs test and a snaggin rod will move a cedar drop. Explains why some of my drops are 20 plus feet from original coordinates.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Reminds me of our 55 acre hoa lake. I/we sunk a bunch of brush, one day I lose a rod, I take one of those dinosaur snagging rods and tried to find it, I relocated six of our most popular brush piles. A few weeks later I'm out there, one of the guys that we shared gps spots with yells out that he can't find anything on the point.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

60 wow

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go Greg, at least you caught a mess of fish. Maybe the new piles will pay off big in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep! Planting brush above the bridge is an exercise in futility. I can't even find the brush piles that I caught so many fish out of up above last year.

Post Thanks / Like

I get hung on one of those piles above pt 15 about every time I go. I got to go Friday and caught 6 keeper crappie out of about 30 shorts. Got tired of feedin them little devils the minnows, so I ran up river and started White Bass fishing. It did not take long for me to realize that I should have left earlier. I caught three of the biggest sows ive caught in 3 years. I think it will be a little tough today however. I am going to go later this afternoon. I do not expect very many boats down there today. hahaha

Speck is online now MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Way to get after em Greg. I know an old guy down on Ross Barnett who sinks hundreds of brush piles. He carries a grappling hook and rope in his boat. If he is fishing one of his beds and someone else pulls up and fishes it at the same time, he will leave and come back later and drag it somewhere else.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a learning day, learn to stay away from the snaggers,,,,,,,,, it will get real good for a short time in about 3 weeks Kit. real good, but congrats.on the outing.