Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lowe stinger 175st or Xpress 17 PFC

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lowe stinger 175st or Xpress 17 PFC

In the market and have narrowed it to these two boats. I personally like the lowes layout more but it comes with a Mercury 60 4 stroke and the xpress has the Yamaha 70 4 stroke. I worry that the 60 won't be enough also like yamaha for dependability. Does anyone have the lowe 175 stinger st? How does the 60 push it, also would a 55# terrova a be enough for both boats? Oh these are both new boats. Thx

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 60 4stroke on a 165 lowe I think it would not be enough on a 175, the Yamaha would be the better motor. I also have a 55 terrova which works just fine except the spot lock is not very good, does not hold very tight to where you want to fish.

Post Thanks / Like

which ever boat you get put the largest motor on it that the name plates states if your billfold can handle it.
    DEAD AS FRIED CHICKEN

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Lowe with a Merc 60. Not a speed demon by any means. Makes a little over 30 mph by gps. Sometimes I wish it was faster but on the positive side it sips fuel.

Post Thanks / Like

i would jump up on the tm also.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 175 stinger with a 60 Suzuki four stroke..as said runs low 30s so not a speed demon especially coming from a bass boat but I believe it is a perfect crappie boat..i upgraded TM to a 70 maxxum and would recommend a 24v setup on these boats..My next boat will be the 195 with a 115 four stroke..good luck

Post Thanks / Like

It's rated for 75 horse I'll check to see what that does to the price. So does anyone prefer the lowe over the xpress or vice versa?

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought the stinger, haven't put it in the water yet but hope to this week
    Likes Drtodd10 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I've got an '09 175st and I love it. The only suggestion i have has already been given: opt for the biggest motor you can afford. I have a 50 horse 2-stroke and have no complaints, but do wish i had a 75. I think you'd be happy with either of boats though.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2012 Stinger 175 with a 60hp 4 stroke. Between 31 and 37 MPH depending on conditions. I wish I had the 75 but I am fine with the 60. The boat itself is great. I would buy another one tomorrow if something happened to mine.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast