Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Only 13 keepers

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Only 13 keepers

Tull's creek. Most were caught just drifting in a 20' deep hole. Water temp is down to 42. Biggest was 13.5". Yellow was the color until the clouds rolled in. Then they wouldn't bit much of anything. I guess the approaching cold front affected them.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    Tull's creek. Most were caught just drifting in a 20' deep hole. Water temp is down to 42. Biggest was 13.5". Yellow was the color until the clouds rolled in. Then they wouldn't bit much of anything. I guess the approaching cold front affected them.
    Hey Bill, been reading your posts for some time and felt guilty for not giving any info. so I finally registered. Yesterday we went to Indiantown for the yellow perch but only caught 3 ( all females ) We moved to deeper water in the river bends and wound up with 16 crappies up to 13 in. I hope this cold snap will move the perch in this week.
    Father of 4 time bash winner. At least I'm pretty sure:o

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel hunter
    Hey Bill, been reading your posts for some time and felt guilty for not giving any info. so I finally registered. Yesterday we went to Indiantown for the yellow perch but only caught 3 ( all females ) We moved to deeper water in the river bends and wound up with 16 crappies up to 13 in. I hope this cold snap will move the perch in this week.
    Hi squirrel hunter and welcome to the board. I haven't been to Indian Town since spring. I agree, it seems like the yellow perch should be hitting by now. We usually get into them at Tull's, but not a one so far this year. Sounds like you got some nice crappie. Keep the reports coming. They are really appreciated.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Bill, You said you went to Indiantown in the spring. Did you crappie fish and if so, how did you do? I usually spend my weekends at Buggs Island from March through April but I do some bream fishing at Indiantown in the warm months.
    I also noticed in an earlier post that you are using poles with reels. I only use 17ft. fiberglass poles with no reels. how long are your poles and do you only fish with floats? I'd like to try new methods but always go back to the floats, jigs, and minnows. That seems to work best for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel hunter
    Bill, You said you went to Indiantown in the spring. Did you crappie fish and if so, how did you do? I usually spend my weekends at Buggs Island from March through April but I do some bream fishing at Indiantown in the warm months.
    I also noticed in an earlier post that you are using poles with reels. I only use 17ft. fiberglass poles with no reels. how long are your poles and do you only fish with floats? I'd like to try new methods but always go back to the floats, jigs, and minnows. That seems to work best for me.
    When we go to Indiantown, its usually for Raccoon Perch. We have caught some nice Crappie while doing so.
    I just recently started using poles with reels. I was using 10 and 12 ft fiberglass poles. I always use floats and jigs tipped with minnows. I like using the poles with reels because I can stagger them better while spider rigged. Plus I've got it in my head that if I ever latch on to that new world record, I'll have a chance of landing it better LOL.

Do you fish Indiantown creek itself or go on out into North river? Where do you go when you go to Bugg's Island. We go over there for a week every March and fish mostly Buffalo Creek and Bluestone. Have done real well there in the past. We've already got out reservations in for the last full week in March and alreaady getting anxious.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Bill, thanks for the info. When I go to Indiantown I always fish in the river, mostly in the 7 ft. flat just to the right of the cut through at the island. Last Sun. we caught most of the crappies right in the cut through over that deep water. The rest came about a mile south at the next bend.
    I love to go to Kerr and like you , my best luck has been at buffalo. Last year I spent some time in Grassy creek, Butcher's, and Oconeechee,but Oconeechee can get pretty crowded on the weekend.
    I see a bunch of guys flatline trolling at Kerr but they don,t seem to do any better than me. They must need to bring everything in when they turn around.One thing I like about the long poles and corks is that I can turn on a dime without making any adjustments.
    My plan is to hit Indiantown on Sun. so I will let you know how we do. Maybe 1 day we can go together ( 1 boat or both )

- Brad Baker