Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: portable fish finders

Post Thanks / Like

Default portable fish finders

anyone use these, im looking for a portable to use , im not looking for a top of the line sonar, just best i can get for under 150. bucks

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

A couple of my buddy's have the Eagle 320 portable and really love them. They show great detail and are priced real good too. I have the 320 on my trolling motor and i can see my 1/8 oz jig down 25 ft below me. They got them at Gander Mt. They came with the battery charger and the gel cell that goes with it. Also the suction cup setup that holds the transducer in place.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I have a Fishing Buddy II that I use sometime. It is not as good as my Hummingbird Matrix 37 but it certainly is useful at times. It is portable.

Post Thanks / Like

i went through my garage and came up with a raymarine L265,a eagle cuda 128, and a humminbird piranha 5, these are finders id take off boats when id buy and replace with gps units etc.. i bought 2 ,6 volt batteries connected them like a 24 volt power supply and hooked up the cuda it worked pretty good... just curios how long a unit will run off to small 6 volt batteries.. now i gotta come up with a way to mount a transducer ,thinking of hanging one from one of my night lights,and keeping it stationary, still working on that part lol

Post Thanks / Like

We have a Humminbird 4 that we bought a few years ago. We still use it on the canoe if we're not on a stream. It uses AA batteries and it's still running on the batteries we started the season with.
    When we bought it, it ate batteries, but after we had it worked on, it doesn't You can also plug it in to your 12 volt system with an adapter cord from Humminbird, It's not a bad unit for the price, but the screen is really small. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

Friend of mine used the Fishing Buddy for a long time and it seemed to work well.
    Currently a non-fishing slacker! (not for too much longer)