Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default New boat

Hey guys need some input, I'm looking at a 17ft lowe stinger and a 17g3 eagle talon and a 17ft bass tracker. Just was wanting some pros an cons. I mainly crappie fish but do like to bass fish and may enter a few tourneys. Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2012 Lowe Stinger 175 and I get compliments on my boat almost every time I am on the water. I love the boat. I would buy another one before anything else if I had to replace mine. The only thing I would change is the trolling motor and go with a min-kota instead of a motorguide. Please tell me the prices you have been quoted on the Lowe Stinger and I will tell you if those are reasonable or not.

Post Thanks / Like

I think someone on the board had a newer Lowe for sale in the classifieds

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

From looking at them at the ramps and on the water, talking to owners the Lowe stinger gets my vote hands down. Lot wider,very stable and a lot more room on front deck. Comes with side by side seating already installed. Might PM CrappiePro. Think that's what he fishes out of. Couple of the AR guys have them.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

i got a stinger 175 and love it. the only thing i wish they would have done is put those front end plates up a little further towards the front. also my boat is rated for 75 hp but the original owner went with a 50. whatever you get i recommend you get the max name plate horse power. i am thinking if i ever get another boat the stinger will probably be the one except i want a center console for ease of getting up and down.
    DEAD AS FRIED CHICKEN
    Likes CrappieFlopper LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Where are you at in Arkansas? I'd go talk to Big River Marine in Memphis if an Xpress is on the radar at all. I really like the Tracker 175TF with the vinyl interior, and the G3 176 Eagle, also with a vinyl interior. All the boats you mentioned are good boats, and everyone has different reasons for their preferences. I know folks that have Tracker 175's, a Tracker 190, a G3 175, and a Lowe 175. All are happy with their boats. I bought an Alumacraft and couldn't be happier with it so far.
    Tracker Panfish 16

Bonafide EX123 Kayak

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys!! I'm in central arkansas, $14,900 for the stinger 175 with a 60 hp mercury an these are 2013 models, the 14s are &16,900

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Stinger 175. I really like the boat..It is setup for crappie fishing, like said my front seats are aliitle further back than I like but they moved them forward in 2012 i think. They are wide and stable.I have a 60 suzuki four stroke on mine and it does a good job.I upgraded to a 70 maxxum minn kota and it is more than enough to handle windy days. I think everything I would change on mine has been addressed on the newer models..when i upgrade it will be a 195 with a 115 four stroke..great boats..Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay that price is pretty good then. If you were in Tennessee I know a place you can get one 2013 with 60HP 4 stroke for 14,500. You might use that to get them to lower the price more.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDXT View Post
    Thanks guys!! I'm in central arkansas, $14,900 for the stinger 175 with a 60 hp mercury an these are 2013 models, the 14s are &16,900

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDXT View Post
    That's the price as quoted by a dealer down around KY. Lake. Same set up as you are talking about.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast