Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fish finder

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fish finder

Ok guys, looking to buy new fish finder. Looking for ideas. Thinking I want down imaging and GPS. Don't know if I want some for front of boat or at the console. Would love something that could move back and forth, but I don't know if they make anything like that. I mainly slow troll spider rig, fish over brush, and fish laps. Also fish a lot at nite for crappie and cats. Willing to spent 500 to 800, would put in it but I want to buy an ipilot trolling motor later this fall. Momma will only get so many new toys, have space them out abit. Thanks for any advice.

Post Thanks / Like

the new bass pro shop in cary is havin a sale starting fri they have got the 597 hummingbird down imaging for $379.00 fri & sat only I've got a 597 on my boat

Williamston, North Carolina, United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If you can, consider side imaging too. With your fishing methods, it will be a big plus. I don't think that you will regret it. B-
    Never look down on someone unless you're helping them up.

Post Thanks / Like

would not buy the 597 got one and had nothing but trouble, got a less expensive lowrance and it out performs it

shane1980 is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

i would be careful on getting that unit from bass pro. I talked to the sales guys the other week about it and each store is only getting around 12 units and that is it. so they will be gone as soon as the door opens. I was looking for a unit in the same price range and the more reviews i read on everything the more it pushed me to the 998c. i got it from the Factory outlet store for hummingbird. it was right at 1300 but after using it it was well worth the extra and not having to upgrade later. All the advise i got on here was get the biggest screen you can and now i can see why it is GREAT!!!! Also got the i-Pilot and it is awesome!!!!! as some told me on here once you use it you will not want to go back to a foot pedal and i am a beleiver!!! Good luck on you choice!

Post Thanks / Like

Before you buy check out the Digital Oasis you may be able to save a few hundred dollars over other online purchases. My Hummingbird 998c hd si combo was $1194 w/free shipping. They have all brands. Just a thought for you ponder.

Post Thanks / Like

I would determine which unit you want and shop for it on line. I have saved thousands and thousands on electronics shopping on line. I have had a three humminbirds and I have not been pleased with them. I owned Lowrance a few years ago and was happy with it. If you really are serious about your fishing, I would go with a side imaging unit. Humminbirds switchfire mode working with the side imaging is pretty awesome. They are kind of hard to understand but once you do, it's on like a pot of neck bones.
    Gotta go, fish on!