Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Which Way Did They Go?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which Way Did They Go?

LAST WEEK A COLD FRONT CAME DOWN AND THE WATER TEMP. HAS DROPPED TO ABOUT 61. WAS FINDING QUITE A FEW AT AROUND 18' IN 21'-24' OF WATER. THE TEMP. WAS AROUND 71-75. NOW CAN'T FIND ANY AT ALL??? HELP!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd guess they are moving shallower. I say "guess" because we're catching some real nice crappie from 15 to over 20-feet deep and also catching some decent fish 4 to 10-feet deep on the same day. One thing is for sure - when the surface temps drop in the fall they are going to be on the move and they are going to be looking for something - a lot of something - to eat.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

try shallow, that is what normally happens in the fall. some of the best fishing
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks For The Response. For Clarification, Do You Mean That They Move To Shallower Water Or Do They Usually Just Come Up To A Shallower Depth Where They Were?

Post Thanks / Like

I had an old man tell me a few weeks ago. That if he was catching fish at 12ft. He could almost bet that the fish were at that depth all over the lake. Even the ones that were sitting over 20 + ft of water would on most days also be around 12 ft.
    Hope to try that out soon.
    Pete