After getting a new car , I decided to put it to the test and head out of town. The gas mileage is excellent , after heading to Alcoa and Swift Island Saturday night , as well as another trip to Badin and Tuckertown , I have 3/4 of a tank remaining. The Bonneville would likely have needed to be filled back up with 21 gallons after all that driving. Anyway , I arrived at Alcoa about 7:30 Saturday night , using minnows , perch , and CBMIGP. Couldn't buy a bite , then some unknown persons arrived watching me for some reason. I left at 9:30 and headed to Tillery , and had a good pulldown on the chicken , only to grab the rod with the fish coming off. When I got it back in , the bait had covered the point midcast. Nothing else worth mention happened that night , so I left.

After running around Sunday , I made a spur of the moment trip back to the eastside of Badin. Baits were the same , except I was unable to locate any shad. Standing on the pier for 2 hours with no fish activity prompted me to try Tuckertown , I arrived there at 8:30 last night , and didn't get any bites. I stayed there for an hour , as I had to be at work at 11. I will head back out there this weekend , weather permitting.