Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LaCygne......fun day!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default LaCygne......fun day!!

Ron and I got to the lake early and headed to the outlet, Ron caught the first fish on his second cast and then proceeded to catch a fish on every cast for the next 20 casts! I was catching fish also but at times he was catching doubles....he was on fire with his secret " Florida" curly tail jigs. The fishing was so good that we stayed til 1 pm and decided to head out to the bridge but the starting battery.....DEAD.....I had replaced my trolling batteries in the fall but I should have replaced them all at the same time. Another boat with some real nice guys helped get me going again but no bridge fishing this time as we headed to the dock. Luckylivewell (Eric) and Weekend Warrior (Adam) were just putting in so I'm assuming they had a great day as well, Ron even gave Lucky some of his hot baits. Now most of the fish were 9-9.75 inchers with some dinks thrown in but the fish are healthy looking, we kept 42, the biggest was 13.25. I'll have to guess the total fish count was between 400-500 fish as the catching was non-stop for over 5 hours.....Yes I know all fisherman lie but this was one fantastic day, one of the best "catching" days I've had in a long time and the same for Ron too. The fish were stacked in there so thick any color worked but Rons curly tails seemed to work a little better especially at catching two at a time.Name:  20140306_170103[1].jpg
Views: 470
Size:  42.7 KBName:  20140306_171136[1].jpg
Views: 458
Size:  82.0 KB
    FAITH, FAMILY, FRIENDS & FISHING...... hopefully in that order but honestly, not always!

Post Thanks / Like

was it the bait or the baiter?? wtg

crappieslinger is offline Moderator Kansas Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report! This is really making me itch to get out there!
    Don't Move a Mussel!! Clean, Drain and Dry EVERY TIME, ON EVERY BODY OF WATER!!

Post Thanks / Like

Good report, looks like it was a fun day.

Post Thanks / Like

Great report.I'm getting excited.
    Life is good today.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good day, despite the issues with the boat. Wish I were there instead of here behind my desk!

One question though. I've never been to LaCygne but looked plenty of time on Google Earth. What is the bridge you're talking about? I don't see any bridge on the satellite photos?
    Willie
    Vegetarian: An old Indian word for Bad Fisherman

Post Thanks / Like

I would of had been hard for me to believe the day we had if I had not been there. The fish were stacked up the length of the wall, and 90+ percent of our cast produce a fish, I had 4 that I snagged accidently, using two jigs there were sixteen times I had doubles. Lots and lots of short fish, it was fun. I never had a day fishing like the one we were blessed with. Doug had boat troubles, but at least it is and easy fix.

Post Thanks / Like

Thought Ron only used minnows?
    The Speed of a Rhino The Power of a Gazelle

Post Thanks / Like

Very good report, thanks for pics

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kcsa75 View Post
    Sounds like a good day, despite the issues with the boat. Wish I were there instead of here behind my desk!

One question though. I've never been to LaCygne but looked plenty of time on Google Earth. What is the bridge you're talking about? I don't see any bridge on the satellite photos?
    There is a bridge that runs east and west over the creek channel, the depth will change from 18ft. on the roadbed to 24 ft. on the edges and 34ft. in the channel. I'm not very adept at always finding the hot spots on the bridge but when you do it can be really good fishing.....electronics help alot,,,there are others on here that can better describe the location. Good luck.
    FAITH, FAMILY, FRIENDS & FISHING...... hopefully in that order but honestly, not always!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast