Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Jordan 3/2

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jordan 3/2

Fished out of Farrington from 10 until 6. Tried shallow and deep. Wind was bad out of the S. Spotted alot of fish at the bridge but could not get them to bite. Tried other areas N of the 64 bridge but could not get a bite. Water temp was 46-51. Thought for sure they would turn on before this cold front comes through. Water level was lower than I like for finding fish shallow. I finally figured out why I got skunked..I didn't wear my lucky hat. Thats what it was. Will wait for the water level to get back to about 216.5 and try again.
    Likes hunter LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

We put in at New Hope and finally had to hit the s curves to try to get out of the wind. I went to fish, not fight the boat! Even up in the curves it was blowing hard. Seemed like everyone on this board was out there and most were anchored. I caught one 10.5 inch fish that I though must be a catfish because of the weight, but wasn't pulling right. Turned out to be a fat gal that I false hooked under the throat. The fish would pull the bait and then release it. B ut, we messed up an bought medium minnows which were too big for our hooks. By the time I decided to put on a bigger hook, I decided to leave. Got a tan from the wind. Never seen so many boats. Might be bad omen for this year. I am thinking of heading to buggs to find some empty water.