Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone ever

Post Thanks / Like

Default Has anyone ever

tried to make you move off of a brush pile or mat that they had put out ?
    I've had this happen only once on kentucky lake, guy was having a fit because we were fishing "his" treetop.
    "Don't hurt them" ....Donald Trump

Post Thanks / Like

no I havent, once it get in the water it isnt his anymore. I guess for me it woud be how he asked, if he was nice and had a speical reason like he had someone with him that he wanted to show it to I would probably move for him. If he wasnt nice i would fish it all day even if wasnt catching anything
    Likes ehall, Billbob LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have had that happen to me many many times. My wife says that I attract ********. LOL And yes I stayed there fishing although nothing was biting.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 03-02-2014 at 07:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had it happen once

Post Thanks / Like

I had a guy in Canada come out on his dock screaming at me that he wanted me away from his dock and his island. Those fish were for him and his family and he was tired of the ******** from the U.S. coming in and taking over! We were fishing the shore line working Senkos and no cast was ever made within 25 yards of his dock. We moved to the next island, we were there to relax not listen to an idiot!!
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 03-02-2014 at 07:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Never had it happen.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had a few incidences at one particular Tenn lake. An elderly couple happens to be lucky enough to have trees/brush out in front of their home/dock, though I'm doubtful "they" placed the brush there.
    They will occasionally come down to the dock & bang/clang around, or fish, when we're in the area. They've never actually said anything to us, and in fact have never spoken to us, even when we casually speak a greeting to them.
    Last time we were there, they had a warning siren/alarm that was aimed towards the lake ... that they'd turn on, in hopes of driving us off. We already knew about it, and were prepared for it ... we had ear plugs

And it isn't just us "out of staters" that have had similar reactions from these people ... the locals are the ones that told/showed us about the area & what to expect from these people. Most all of the other dock owners on this lake have been very friendly & accommodating ... even coming down to the dock to chat, fish, or just give us tips as to what the fish are biting on & when/where.

... cp

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had issues with a particular guide on KY Lake, but so have other member here (c,com)and a guide here have had issues with this poky. Bass Masters blasted him about "my" brushpiles.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

RCC is offline Crappie.com Legend and Arkansas Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Never had anyone try to run me off. Had a few people to join me when I was on one. Had one dude fish a complete circle around my boat never more that a long rod length apart. Wind was blowing and it was really tough when he got on the down wind side to keep my boat off of his.
    RCC's Crappie Eradication Service
    Eliminating your slab problems one fish at a time
    For free estimates give us a call at O U 812.

Post Thanks / Like

I had it happen years ago on KY. LAKE. A guy came down to his dock and told me he'd put a brush pile next to his dock and for me not to fish there. I thanked him for the tip and caught a nice BASS off it. I then moved down past his dock and he went back inside his house.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast