Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: got some new rods

Post Thanks / Like

Default got some new rods

Just got a couple of new Outlaw crappie rods, and I must say I'm pretty impressed with them. I got the 9'2" camo for a bobber or flipping a light jig, a 10'2" camo for jigging, and a 12' for spider rigging. Trying the new rods from all vantage points. All rods have a hi vis tip, are IM 8 graphite, which I love and they are going to be going to stainless eyes. No more of the ceramic eyes popping out.
    The selling point for me on these rods are the sensitive tip yet they have one heck of a backbone for yanking up fish. No more chasing your fishing around in the air when you lift them instead of netting, and if you are spider rigging in choppy water, the rods have a lot less bounce in them when setting in your holders. They hold there distance from the water nicely without your tips sinking in the water. All I can tell you is buy one, compare it to what you have and you won't be dissatisfied. Check them out on there website at www.fishoutlaw.com
    Eric
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 03-02-2014 at 08:04 PM.
    Blakemore/Roadrunner pro staff
    Southern Pro Tackle/ Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Rodholders
    Ranger Boats

Post Thanks / Like

To fish what I had initially wrote, the trolling rods are IM-7 and the camo rods are IM-8 graphite
    Blakemore/Roadrunner pro staff
    Southern Pro Tackle/ Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Rodholders
    Ranger Boats

DrNip is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. Going to check a rod out myself. What reels you have teamed up with them? Let us know what you think.

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got a Outlaw 8'2" rod that I use with slip bobber/minnow rigs teamed with a Lew's Wally Marshall spinning reel. I like that combination. Plenty of backbone in the rod for fishing the brush.

Post Thanks / Like

will check it out. Have a hodge podge of everything right now, been thinking about buying all new stuff. got to figure out how to sneak it by the boss first.

Post Thanks / Like

Went to Grizzly jig back in January to check out some different rods, left with an outlaw camo and a Russ Bailey b n m. Haven't had a chance to put them to use yet but both rods were light and had good backbone. Planning on using them for deeper water single pole rods. If the weather ever breaks we'll see which one I like the best.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone tried their 14 foot trolling rods? I use their 7 and 10' s for long lining and really like them. Seem kinda pricey but may be with it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers

Post Thanks / Like

Guess not.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers