Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Night fishing during colder weather.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Night fishing during colder weather.

Hey guys. Any of y'all have any luck fishing at night pre spawn? I seem to see a bunch of articles about catching crappie during the hot months at night with lights but never see anything about fishing in colder months. With my work schedule being extremely backwards from most of my friends it seems the only chance I have to hit the lake with my best buds is at night recently. We have planned to go give it a try with a submersible and a floating light this next weekend. The forecast here in north bama is for a 39 degree low that night. Looking for some input from some with experience or knowledge. We will have a good time either way, but catching some fish always takes it up a notch!

Post Thanks / Like

Lake G down your way seems to be doing real well at night from some px I've seen lately. Hit those bridges if ya can find room and have a ball.

Good thing about this time of year is your not dealing with the bugs lol

Post Thanks / Like

I fish at night right now from the bank up creek arms... Seems lately the crappie aren't moving up in the creeks until the evening... I mean we aren't catching a ton yet but we are getting a few and they have all been pretty good fish... I like to use the mr crappie lighted floats with minnows at night... Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

I have good luck fishing bridges. A crappie light works real good too.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I'm def excited to try this new style and to get added water time. Hopefully it won't be to cold down this way on Saturday and we can slide out there after work.

Post Thanks / Like

What part of Bama you from and where do you fish? I got a limit Friday night. Find some bridges or riprap along bridges or causeways. They move up in the evening along the rocks. Sometimes they bite just before dark til a little after dark, then sometimes it is after dark.

Post Thanks / Like

Good question, I've wondered the same thing for the same reason. Sometimes there isn't enough time during the day to get it done.

Post Thanks / Like

I have fished at night with minnows around bridge pilings and stumps and have been able to catch a few good size ones. In my experience the lights do not work as well in the cold water as they do in the warm water like in summer. But the lights are not needed as long as you find the fish and fish the right depth. It is peaceful to be out at night way from the heavy boaters especially on weekends!
    USAF Retired and fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm from northwest Alabama. Usually fish cedar creek and the Tennessee river. I've got a place in mind that the creek comes through under a bridge about 20 feet deep the has a long 300 yard stretch of rip rap down the bank from it. Was thinking of trying there this weekend. There or a spot in standing timber just off the creek channel that comes from about 40 feet up to around 15 feet in the timber. Thoughts fellas?

Post Thanks / Like

I fish the TN river as well in Northeast Alabama. Do you have any pumping areas around your parts where they control the flood waters for ducks? If so fish those spill outs when they release the water.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast