Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My new Mr. Twister is already broke! Looking For Help?

Post Thanks / Like

Default My new Mr. Twister is already broke! Looking For Help?

I used one for years and last year it started smoking so was time for a new one, but when I used it there was less power for sure and then something like the 3rd time I got it out which was last weekend it broke. I was going to use it to help filet the fish we caught, but my neighbor said why don't you rib them after I filet them so I put my Mr. twister down and picked up a regular knife to take ribs out. After we finished I picked up my Mr. Twister and the trigger was still laying beside where it had been.

needless to say I am a bit more than disappointed! Anyone have a new electric filet knife they like?

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

I to have had the same problem with the mr. twister. Last year my Five year old mr. twister burned up so i went and got a new one, it didnt even last a weekend. I took it back to Bass pro and got a new one and it did the same thing. I just got an american angler to try, Alot more money but if it last a few years Im still tring to deside what to get for a back up knife? Just like to have more than one when i go.

Post Thanks / Like

$10.00 at Wallyworld. Will do the same things as the "Fish" labeled knives. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Black-Deck...Knife/14913105
    Likes TN. WATERSHED LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

There is a lot of difference in the kitchen electric knives and the American Angler as far as speed and power goes. At least that is true for ours. I used our kitchen one while a friend used my AA to help me clean fish. The AA goes through crappie ribs like a hot knife through butter, not so the kitchen knife and it is not a cheap one either. It works fine on stuff we use it for in the kitchen but there is no comparison between the two.
    I got my AA off Ebay. Some lady bought it for her husand and he preferred a regular knife so she sold it for $30. Best deal I've had in a while. I did not realize at the time that AA knives are somewhat pricey, but they last and are worth the extra money.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, been looking at several with the AA being one of them and the other was that Salt Water version of the Mr. twister, but I am scared that SW version is made with the same quality as the trashed one so will look a lot harder at the AA one.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Skip, try Amazon or Ebay. Like I said in my post, I had no idea that the AA were expensive. I had read all the reviews on here and everyone seemed to think the AAs were the best, so I sent on line and found the (barely) used one for $30. I bought one of the plastic pistol cases with the foam liner to keep it in, as I often take it with me on trips where we will be cleaning fish away from home.
    Good luck.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Musta been made by a Monday morning Bong Party member.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

American Angler with 8" Shark blades. Tried the bread knives and kitchen knives, they are way too slow. I can go through a 25" pike with my AA and it won't slow down one bit, with a 10" blade.

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

AA for me too

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

My AA is 20+ and still going strong. Had to replace cord. Just take apart,clean and grease once a year. New cheaper ones are suspect but the high dollar one is supposed to be really good.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes chaunc LIKED above post

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast