Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Comfortable Boat seats for people w/ Lower Back problems??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Comfortable Boat seats for people w/ Lower Back problems??

I'm contemplating a new Crappie / Panfish boat purchase and looking @ different options for outfitting it. It's been 24 yrs. since I've bought a new boat and have developed some lower back issues since then (L5-S1 Surgery, and recently Herniated my L4 & L3 Disc's).

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a seat currently on the market that might be specifically designed to have good Lumbar support? They all look pretty comfortable in the pics but most I've seen online don't appear to have great Lumbar support.

Appreciate any input you may have to offer.

Thanks,
    YB
    Last edited by Yankee Bill; 03-01-2014 at 02:04 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest the b-100 from Millennium Marine.They are made different than anything out there...I have been very pleased with mine.Look under "member sponsors" for more info and pics

2000 ProCraft 210 SuperPro DC w/Merc 250 ProXB
    Hi-Tek rod holders
    Likes Yankee Bill LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have the B 100 but the SW 100 maybe more what you are looking for as it is more adjustable and mentions "lumbar support".

2000 ProCraft 210 SuperPro DC w/Merc 250 ProXB
    Hi-Tek rod holders
    Likes Yankee Bill LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

RTJ, Thanks so much for the info. I had no idea that Millennium made boat seats. I'm an avid deer hunter and HUGE FAN of their tree stands. It's ironic, because I've been recommending their stands to others on some hunting boards who've asked similar questions for years. Millennium and the Summit Viper are the only 2 stands I've used (and I've tried a bunch) that I can sit comfortably in all day w/ my back issues. That's great that they are making boat seats now. I probably won't have to look much further!

Thanks again for the info!
    YB

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Check with E-Z Poleholder on the MS board.....he has a ad for those seats in sponsor classifieds.....he gives a good discount to C.C members
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks G, appreciate the heads-up!
    YB