Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Apelco FishFinder 360

Post Thanks / Like

Default Apelco FishFinder 360

I know this is my first post but I have a little bit of a problem I thought maybe y'all could help me with. Got the apelco 360 new in box for 20$ so figured it was worth a shot. Transducer is mounted on trolling motor.

Anyways, my problem is with my depth readings. There's alot of times that the depth will flash saying it has lost signal. Even in shallower water. I've adjusted the sensitivity and range countless times but it still doesn't read a depth at times. Also, sometimes it'll give outrageous displays for the depth such as 120 or 400 ft. Everything else (graph and water temp) work fine.

Any idea what the problem could be? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you may have got what you paid for...a 20 dollar sonar.It may have transducer problems.check all the connections,looking at the pins and make sure the wiring hasn't been damaged to the transducer.

2000 ProCraft 210 SuperPro DC w/Merc 250 ProXB
    Hi-Tek rod holders

Post Thanks / Like

What are the depths of the waters that you are on?????
    Need to set the MAX depth th about 10 feet over the max depth of the water column. This should eliminate the over depth readings.

Post Thanks / Like

Usually in 20-30 foot of water. Thanks

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you have it hooked to trolling battery? Does it do it only when running trolling motor? What RTJ said, check cable and connections real good. If it still does it take off trolling motor. Tape the cable above ducer to a stick and put it over the side and see if it does the same thing.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979