Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: War Eagle 754VS

Post Thanks / Like

Default War Eagle 754VS

Hi guys and gals I'm new here but have been lurking for quite awhile.I'm looking at my first boat purchase.I fish small lakes maybe 1000 acres at best mostly 300 or so.And would like a aluminum boat,would love to have a war eagle predator but probably out of question,I've seen a few trackers but I was wondering does anyone have a war eagle 754 stick steer and can a guy flip jigs and bass fish out of them pretty easy too.Mainly crappie but I do like to go bass once in awhile.Or if there is a better boat in your opinion what would it be.Also an pics of you 754s would be apprecitated and are there any dealers you would recommend. I'm in northwestern Missouri,THanks Jake

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one and love it for crappie fishing. Your sitting down inside the boat so bass casting is a little awkward. As far as pitching or flipping might be a little tough. The front deck under your feet has a little taper up toward front console so standing there could be awkward. Maybe if you removed front pedestal and stood it would be ok. I have a terrova trolling motor so can go to middle of boat and cast while still running troller. I wouldn't trade my WarEagle for 3 of them trackers for quality,comfort and fishability. Sure wish you were close so you could try it out.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for offer,and glad you like it hope to hear from other owners as well.What size motor do you have?

Post Thanks / Like

I have the same setup as Cray. 80lb terrova. I have a 40 Yamaha. I can run about 30 mph. A little more by myself, a little less with a passenger. It handles pretty rough water. Handles real well. Just today i ran a little over 30 miles mostly in white a little whitecap. Biggest problem is fishing in the wind. It sets up so high in the water wind hits it like a sail. I had a 2012 that was totaled in a wreck so soon as the ins paid off I bought another just like it. Even though it was a year and a half old, the value of it got me into another boat. It's comfortable enough to fish long without getting uncomfortable. The live well is in the perfect spot for the front and the back but not in the way at all. There's enough room in the battery box for 4 batteries comfortably. I did the consoles for about 20 years. I'm strictly a stick steer man now. I don't have the carpet. I like the vinyl but had trouble with the first boat peeling around the edges. They seem to have that worked out. For crappie fishing I like it. For bream fishing its great. Don't kno about bass as I don't chase them. Hope this helps.
    A man never stands so tall as when he stoops down to help a boy.
    David Freeman
    318-805-6270
    Farmerville LA
    Likes "G" LIKED above post

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a Yammaha 50 four stroke,stainless Balstic prop. Trolling plate so I can pull crank baits. I can troll all day on less than a gal of gas. Like free bird said little drifty in the wind but a lot more comfortable in rough water than a lot of people would have you believe. I fish a lot on a lake that can get bad rough in a hurry and have fished in 20+ winds and 2 ft rollers and not been worried. Another thing FB said I find true, I'm pretty stove up and I can fish all day and be comfortable. Did put a Tempress seat on the front that helped a lot. Only other boat I would look at is the Seark Forecast which is another really nice stick steer. They are now making one in 17 ft which they didn't when I got mine.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

stormcloud is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an 860 War Eagle and love it. If I get stiff I get up and walk around a minute without climbing over things. I carry three boxes, one for minnows, drinks, and fish and still have plenty of room. I added a gun box so I have plenty of storage. I put two seats on the dropdown and can walk between them while my fishing partner keeps fishing. The only thing I can say negative about it is, if there is any side wind, it has it's own idea about getting on the trailer. The problem there, in the back is me, a 16 gal. gas tank, three batterys, and a 70hp yamahafour stroke. With 2 on the front fishing, it's ideal.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks good info here hopefully I can find a dealer not to far away to look at one.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a war eagle but had a 16' sea nymph for about 5 yrs. All stick boats are not created equal. That said I still miss mine and sold it in '09. mine was so light that it blew around a lot and had an underpowered 40lb PD troller and had a 25hp Johnny. Biggest outboard you can stand, same with the I-pilot terrova and electronics. I bass fished out of mine also. There are trade offs but I believe you will be happy with it. Shop a lot and don't be impatient.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Them War Eagle Boats are tuff!