Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Chat Room

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chat Room

Hey Don G:

I see you entering the chat room. Are you still getting the same error message? I have you downloaded and installed the latest Java software? Is your browser updated to the latest version? Have you tried getting in using your email program or another browser program?
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake
    Hey Don G:

I see entering the chat room. Are you still getting the same error message? I have you downloaded and installed the latest Java software? Is your browser updated to the latest version? Have you tried getting in using your email program or another browser program?

Jerry, Still getting same message"XML" cannot be displaded...I downloaded java last night but that didn't help either.....I have IE 6.0 which I think is the latest version.....This is worse than the avatars you and Cane Pole helped me with...lol
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have Direct X? I've had problems in the past with that - had to update it I think.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default what OS

What operating system are u using (98, XP) ? Bill Gates and Co. has issues with XML. They have some fixes (patches) for XP and 2000. XML is like HTML whis is a bunch of typing protocol crap. On of these (>) missing, it ain't gonna work right. Check Microsoft for updates.

I love the American words ain't and gonna.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Don G.

I downloaded Mozilla Firefox last night, and now I'm in. If you have Windows 98 or better, it takes a while to download, but its worth it because now I use Firefox instead of Internet Explorer. Its a different browser, but its alot better and faster, and so far its blocked all of my popups. Go to getfirefox.com, then select "Free Download". Firefox carries XML, which Canepole was talking about, and I think that is what's missing to get in, at least from my browser.

It may be better to switch from Internet Explorer anyway, "Due to the recent disclosure of severe security exploits in Internet Explorer and the recommedation to switch to an alternative browser, such as FireFox, by the United States Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT), division of the Department of Homeland Security".
    Last edited by Crappie Chaser; 12-18-2004 at 11:26 PM.