Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Wheeler

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wheeler

Wondering if anybody having any luck on wheeler I been coming up almost empty handed all season thinking of trying another lake I've always done decent on wheeler but the water is terrible this year

Post Thanks / Like

Actually what few reports I heard is that Wheeler has been better than Guntersville most of the season. I feel your pain though. I am suffering through probably my worst season ever.

Post Thanks / Like

Wheeler has suffered recently. Before all of the rain they were being caught pretty well, after not so well. It should turn back around soon though. I would not say it is better than Guntersville. The difference is, the fish on Gville are schooled up tight right now. You are either all over them or you are in a dead sea! Seem to still be pretty well scattered (or in looser schools) on Wheeler and are can be caught fairly shallow. This is all spoken with my very little time spent on the water this year though and through words of others I trust.
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

callshy I have evidentally been fishing a lot of dead seas along with most other people I know lol. 9 out of 10 people I talk too have also suffered one of their worst seasons ever. What do you think is happening, do you think there is a shortage of fish this year or they are just staying deeper and not in their normal places this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Have only been on Gville one time this year (so I may not be the one to add any insight) and did alot of looking at dead water. When they were found, they were schooled tight (and I had to have the help of a friend with some new electronics to even stay close to the moving schools). Have talked to many people that have been catching alot more at night this year. I am going to try and get out up there tomorrow and play with some new electronics and see if I can find a few fish.

BTW, I can probably weld up you post tonight if you want to try it (not exactly sure where you are located). I will send you a text.
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks I am going to try guntersville this weekend never fished it much I will share the results

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been out on guntersville in a couple weeks but I know when I was catching them they were schooled tight and mostly around bridge pilings is were I had the most success and the weather was very similar to what it is now