Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: n. alabama

Post Thanks / Like

Default n. alabama

tough day in north alabama. any one else fish this area today? a cold front came through yesterday maybe thats what turned them off. everyone i talked to said the same thing (no fish) anyone know if the cold fronts will have this effect on the crappie?

Post Thanks / Like

In the past, I have caught them before the cold fronts, during the cold fronts and after the cold fronts, but at that time, I had more time to track the fish to know where they were. Most of the time, if I can find the fish, I can usually catch some. I was fishing north Alabama during the cold front with the wind whipping something awful and I had 15 good crappie. I think if I would have had more patience to fight the wind, then I would have stayed longer and caught more. I just had enough and went to the house. Yes, cold fronts do sometimes turn them off even when you know fish are there, but alot of times if you find them, you can still catch them. good luck to you and dont give up every time the weather changes. I remember back several years ago me and a friend caught 50 nice slabs right after a huge cold front.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks yea i guess i should have tried some different tactics. im not as experienced at deeper water fishing as i would like to be so i stay away from it. i need to learn more about different tactics. all im comfortable with is the ol slip cork and minnow right now.

Post Thanks / Like

That's me bama. I went today here at Columbus, MS and the wind and cold seemed to have shut em down.