Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New guy, need help installing 688DI

Post Thanks / Like

Default New guy, need help installing 688DI

Hey fellas,
    I'm new here but have been taking advantage of all the great info on this site for a couple months. Glad to finally be a part of it. I have a small issue on how to wire my new hummingbird 688 DI fishfinder. I don't have a fuse block or switch panel on my 17ft xpress so I need to wire directly to battery I guess? Will any inline fuse holder work as long as it is the required 3amps? I bought an inline fuse holder at advanced auto parts and I assume this will work? Will I need to soder it into my power cord upclose to the battery? Sorry for all the questions guys I'm just not electrically inclined. Anybody have any experience with the 688 DI? Thanks in advance for any help.

Post Thanks / Like

you can place the fuse in the power line at any place that is convient to acess........welcome to the forum!!! installed a fuse panel under my dash of my 17' express...makes life easy!!!! lol lol

Post Thanks / Like

Thx for the reply chuck! Glad to be a part of the crappie.com site. As soon as my uncle recovers from his knee replacement he is going to help with installing a switch panel. I'm sure it will make things much easier!!