Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tough fishing in Arkansas

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tough fishing in Arkansas

The cold moved in Thursday with 50 mph winds about the time I got there. The dust and leaf clouds were thick in the air and the little 1100 acre lake we were camping on had some monster white caps. Things settled down over night, but the cold front clamped their mouths shut. Sis sleeps late so I got out in the lake to investigate. Only hooked one that was huge, it touched the side of the boat and popped off. Sis texted me that she was up so I returned to get her, we fished every way legal and didn't catch any.

Saturday I followed a Arkie member's advise and went to the upper end of another lake. Found the fish, decent eaters, but nothing impressive. Kept a few dozen for her freezer.

Sunday my son joined us, we went back to the same area, but the bite slowed, and size got smaller.

We loaded the boat and went to the opposite end of the lake up by the dam. I drove around watching the new di graph, marked a few brush piles and found a stump field with dozens of stumps over a 30 yard stretch. We caught and kept a few dozen again for sis to clean and add to her inventory. Best fish came off the stumps in 18 fow fishing right at the top of he 2-4' tall stumps.

Over all a good trip, lots of laughs with sis and the son, got to see the grand-daughter Sunday evening after driving into Little Rock.

Name:  IMG_0066.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  40.4 KB
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good time and you even caught a few fish! Now your back in time for it to get cold again here, but at least the water isn't hard and they are biting decently.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job Gordon! Pictures to boot!
    The fishing was so good I thought it was yesterday

Post Thanks / Like

Those are some dandies there, congrats.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish! Thanks for the pic.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got into some fish.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Got to spend some time with family and fish new waters. Thats a pretty good trip in my book. Glad you caught a few for their freezer.

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing new water, exploring and finding structure and pulling crappie out one after another, that was fun. Sis was amazed. She stopped fishing, I thought she felt bad (her health is not the best), when I asked, she said she was enjoying the show. She learned a lot. After the trip she was quizzing me on rods, jigs, boats, etc. She can't work now, keeps a camper on a decent crappie lake, and will have time to fish to her heart's content or body's ability.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.
    Likes Jigging15, dfar, 1rookie LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you had a good trip Gordon!

Post Thanks / Like

nothing like being with family and fishing
    All men are created equal, some work harder in the preseason.
    Thanks to BnM PST, Midsouth Jig, Big River Marina

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast