Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need help. A quicker method to Powder Paint alot of Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Default I need help. A quicker method to Powder Paint alot of Jigs

i powder paint each jig one by one with a candle and some pliers. 100 jigs takes me forever to paint. then i have to bake them afterwards. is there a quicker way???

Post Thanks / Like

Use a alcohol burner with denatured alcohol in it or a heat gun. But no way to get around not baking them. If you dont bake the paint cracks and peels faster. Then you will have mad customers.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a heat gun. Goes pretty fast

Post Thanks / Like

Heat gun and a fluid bed. A batch of 100 single color jigs should take about 20 minutes. If you are doing big jigs, you won't even need pliers.

Post Thanks / Like

I use an alcohol burner myself. I have heard of a paint gun that will shoot powder paint but I know nothing about them.

Bobo

Post Thanks / Like

heat gun with varying temp to 1000 degrees. I learned you can melt the lead jigs easily with the heat gun if you hold it over it too long (15 seconds) so only need to hold it over for about 5 seconds and dip. Works great all the time.
    USAF Retired and fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

I use a heat gun, and just put it in the vise then turn it on and can hold the #2 1/16 oz jig in my fingers and heat for about 10 sec. and dip, and if you learn how to get it about the perfect temp, you won't even have to knock the paint out of the eye, it will melt on it also.....I do mine in groups of 25 and never bake them, I don't figure they last long anyway.....even a hair dryer may get them hot enough, but be sure and tell your wife you are stealing it.......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE
    Likes Jiganomics LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Hair dryer don" work out so well, least wise the one I used anyway. Looking into the heat gun. Currantly using a bic lighter with forceps to hold. Don't take to long to heat up either.....Just make sure you have more than one lighter so the first one don't get to hot and smoke your thumb.

Post Thanks / Like

Problem with a bic lighter is you'll get soot and some of the paints won't come out good. Go to Home Depot in the painting section and pick up a dual temp heat gun by Wagner they run about $21.
    Likes Jiganomics LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

2nd kevin22!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast