Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 model 725 Alweld Stick Steer 17 ft

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2014 model 725 Alweld Stick Steer 17 ft

Can any one give me any thoughts on this boat? Or what to add to make it a better boat, I am getting ready to retire and Want to buy a boat that I can use if by myself. I fish small lakes . Any other suggestions Appreciated.
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like

ive hm back with the stick steer,,ive had 10 boats in 15 yrs,,, 3 stick steers bass boats,pontoon boats and the last boat i will have is this 2010 g3 stick steer..its perfect for where i fish.where i fish is flooded cypress and lake here .if your fishing small lakes..you`ll love it..my boat is 16 ft with a 50 yamaha...it goes al i need to go..then some..i hope you enjoy your stick steer,,,good fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Thank You thats the confidence I need to hear. Looking forward to spring and having the time to fish when I want.
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 16 ft Panfish with a 40 and love it. It's great on small lakes and gets up in the creeks. Hope you enjoy yours!

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Bob, I have a 17 ft WarEagle VS 754 stick steer. I love it. I am at a point in life where I don't get around very good anymore. This is the perfect boat for me. I have a Terrova trolling motor and depth finders mounted up front. The one thing I really like about my boat is the side mounted live well. I sit my minnow bucket to my left side by steering stick and once I'm in the seat I can drive to where I'm going to fish, set up and bait my poles and if I catch anything put it right into live well with out ever getting out ov the seat. Feel much safer sitting down in the boat.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

So you like your war eagle? I didn't know they made them in 17. I want the best. Will check them out.
    Pretty well locked in now on the stick steer. Just want the room also/ tha live well is a selling point.
    Getting older is good,,, but when you fall in a boat/or any place it is unforgiving. I found that out last year when I almost did a nose dive head first into the side of a flat bottom boat when it shifted unexpectanly while with a friend.
    I told myself right then if I have to climb over something in a boat I will not own it.
    Thanks Bob

Post Thanks / Like

That War Eagle 754 ia a fine boat,another option is a Royal if u are interested in a fiberglass for a better ride.They are made in Alabama.Royal.com-----I just dont understand the talk of small water for this boat.I will fish any that my bass boat was on.
    CATCH FILLET

Post Thanks / Like

the lake i live on is 25 miles long and 6 miles wide...so its not a small lake..and i fish every inch of it in my 16 ft stick steer... its the best boat ive had...and ive had a lot of diffrent boats.

Post Thanks / Like

i like how i can set in one place and do everything..no getting up moving around and stepting and falling over things.i see everything from the front of the boat before its ran over---stumps,limbs---.iam getting old and hate falling out of boats no problem with this one...

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bobfisherman View Post
    So you like your war eagle? I didn't know they made them in 17. I want the best. Will check them out.
    Pretty well locked in now on the stick steer. Just want the room also/ tha live well is a selling point.
    Getting older is good,,, but when you fall in a boat/or any place it is unforgiving. I found that out last year when I almost did a nose dive head first into the side of a flat bottom boat when it shifted unexpectanly while with a friend.
    I told myself right then if I have to climb over something in a boat I will not own it.
    Thanks Bob
    I have looked at them all and liked the WarEagle setup best. Little more pricy than some but worth every penny to me. When I fell in my other boat a couple of times MaMa sent me on the hunt for a boat

http://wareagleboats.com/boats/15/754vs. Here is a link.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast