Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2/22 Coffey County

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2/22 Coffey County

Hit CCL today. More boats than I have seen in awhile. Hit the timber to avoid the crowd. Even though I had no idea what I was doing still caught 4 big crappie. Smallest was 12.5" 2 were 13 3/4". It was a blast now I need to figure out how to crappie fish in the timber. Caught in 11 fow using a 1/16 oz jig head with a white 2" curly tail grub. I'll post some pics later.
    Likes Scouts Out, drakewoodie LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

We were there also. Hit the rip rap in the hot water first and caught 5 largemouth. It looked like a convoy of boats ahead of us going down the rocks so we let them have it. We pulled out the trolling rods and hit the river channel. Three of us ended up with 160 whites/wipers and 9 big crappie. We were using blue/chrome and firetiger walleye divers in 13-16 FOW. We talked to one guy who had 4 crappie in the trees.
    www.caringbridge.org/visit/brody.a.hurt

Post Thanks / Like

If you were in the fiberglass Lund that was me you talked to.

Post Thanks / Like

That was me. Good to put a face with the name.

Post Thanks / Like

What speed were you trolling at? I was trying to figure out the crappie. WHen I have no pressure to produce fish I try to learn some stuff. It was also the first outing out with the ipilot and I love that thing. I've got lots of questions about fishing standing timber.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never fished standing timber either. So many trees, so many choices I never know where to start. I was trolling about 2.5 mph. Once I found a productive trail I went back over it and recorded a trail with my ipilot. Then you can use your big motor to push you and your ipilot to steer. Shane showed me this method of trolling and I love it. Line counter reels are a must in my opinion. You can really dial in on the correct depth and stay in the strike zone plus I fish 4 poles at once so if they are all the same depth it cuts down on the lines getting tangled when the boat turns.
    Likes shane LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Great reports guys, With the new job I am traveling a lot and not getting out so it's good to hear about those who can.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
    Great reports guys, With the new job I am traveling a lot and not getting out so it's good to hear about those who can.
    Feel your pain. I have never had an 8-5 Monday thru Friday job. Its killing me. Ready for this training to get over so I can go back to shift work.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zummy View Post
    Feel your pain. I have never had an 8-5 Monday thru Friday job. Its killing me. Ready for this training to get over so I can go back to shift work.
    not sure what you do but training prolly never will get over???

Post Thanks / Like

Initial training is 8 hr days while the rest of the non shift folks work 4 10s. Every 6 weeks on shift your crew hits a training week of 4 10s. Training never ends here but I wish the initial training schedule was different.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast