Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie Maxx Signature Rods

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Maxx Signature Rods

Has anyone tried these new rods? I see they are a different color now and in the past when Wally had his name on them the tips were bad about breaking. Are these rod blanks different and how does the action compare to the old ones?

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know about those , but the Ozark rods several members on here sell are best and hard to beat the prices. Check out ozark rods and pm Conway or MEATGETTER on here.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

A friend of mine uses these rods pushing minnows with 1oz and a half weights and has never had a problem with them. It is the only rods he uses and has also caught big rock fish on them and has never had one break.

Post Thanks / Like

I use them and have had no issues at all with them other than getting a fish on the end of it. oh but they will handle some of those cats that like a jig once in awhile, largest cat so far on 10 footer is 22lbs. NO was not seeking whiskers at the time but someone else will catch it someday, cant put a cat in the box.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using them for several years. I fish in thick cover and they have taken a beating. Never had one to break. I highly recommend them. Light, sensitive, and tough.