Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: logan martin today

Post Thanks / Like

Default logan martin today

Initially wasn't going to go because of the wind, but by 7:30 I was looking at the blue sky and could not take it. Had to meet my wife somewhere at 2:30 so Figured i would go out for a few hours. Decided to check clear creek out since I hadnt been in awhile. A lot of shad but no bites, ran to the back of the creek and water temp was 57 (wow), but only managed one dink. Left and went back to my normal areas and tried until 11 but the wind was a real pain, there was a couple fiberglass boats in the area that could handle the wind, but saw no fish being caught. Decided to try one more place before leaving. Went into an area that was shallow 4 to 10 feet, but was protected a little from the wind, one of the other boats followed me in, but drove around and left. BIG MISTAKE!! Once I got my rods out the two with blue ice baby garland both went down, got them in and within seconds they were both down again. Well I changed two more rods over and caught 38 crappie, 25 nice keepers in the next 90 minutes. Could have got a limit but had to leave. Water temp in area was 49, all on blue ice, and noticed I had to be going exactly 1.0 mph to get a bite. Had to rush home and clean fish but turned into a fun day! Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 342
Size:  123.1 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Great catch....way to hunt em down!
    An ungrateful man is like hog under a tree eating acorns, but never looking up to see where they come from!

BAMA S is offline Crappie.com Legend and AL Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good catch.....

Post Thanks / Like

great job now that's fishing..

Post Thanks / Like

congrats on nice caatch
    In humble reverance to the GREAT I AM! THAT I AM!