Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Small creeks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Small creeks

Any one ever caught crappie in small creeks/medium creeks? I have fished a few creeks an done ok but none of the crappie have any size to them. Is there bigger ones in these creeks or are they smaller because the body of water is small? What techniques do y'all use in these small creeks? Thanks in advance to any info

Post Thanks / Like

There is a creek close to home here that I fish from time to time and it has some good size crappie in it.

Post Thanks / Like

No, not really. Bass and bluegills go up in the creeks around here and sit in the holes, but the only crappies I've caught were 7-8" range. Lots of big bass and big bull gills though, and the occasional walleye, pike, dogfish, catfish, carp, etc. Even a koi once.

Post Thanks / Like

If the creek doesn't have a ton of current and has runs and holes at least 8' deep....it has the potential to hold decent size fish. I wouldn't expect 2 lb fish, but fish in the 10-12" range can certainly be found.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys.. It has some deep holes about 10-12 feet deep in some areas. There are some huge bass in this creek..