Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: How many have been hit?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How many have been hit?

I recently joined the pro staff of Proplite, www.proplite.com. I was just wondering how many crappie.com members have ever been hit in the rearend while trailering their boats? I first became interested in this product early last year after I was hit while sitting at a traffic light on a trip in Fla. My lower unit went through the grill of a early 90's model Pontiac. The damage was minimal but I have been edgy about people riding my rear ever since. Just wondering?

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like a good idea.....just a little pricey at $60 for a light.
    Fish on!:D

3 Bald Stooges of Percy Priest Lake - Co Founder

Post Thanks / Like

LED makes it $$$$

Post Thanks / Like

I have never been hit. But, I sure have been tempted to brake check a few in my days.

DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.superbrightleds.com/
    Great place for leds... look around, makes some good night lighting, and I made bow lights...

zeke_3737 Guest

Default been hit

Thank god I have not been hit yet, but I drive 30,000 to 40,000 miles a year and after installing the prop lite it seems people stay back a bit more. I think you can get the light for 50 dollars and that seems cheap to me for a little peace of mind

Team Schantz

Post Thanks / Like

Default Its the law

Hey Zeke, how you doing? I just had an interesting conversation with a KY state trooper. Here in KY, anything that extends back past 4 feet from the trailer taillights must display a red flag or red light. I don't think this is really an issue as far as getting a traffic ticket but you can bet it will be an issue in a court case if you get hit in the rear and your lower unit extends back past the 4 foot limit. I just checked my boat and with the transom saver in place it does extend back over 4 feet. Yeah Zeke, I have noticed people tend to stay back off my rear with the Proplite in place.

Bill Braswell

Post Thanks / Like

I got hit in the rear at a red light, but it was pretty much a bump. No damage to mine or his.