Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: PP Super Slick

Post Thanks / Like

Default PP Super Slick

been searching archives for an answer and can't find one. What knots work best on Super 8 slick?? Any suggestions?
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

I use a version of the double Palomar with all my braid.

Post Thanks / Like

I 've used an improved trilene knot for years.

Post Thanks / Like

For straight line single jigging I run thru jig eye, wrap back around main 5 times,run tag end thru both loops that are created then pull on the tag end and main line at same time sinching the knot down.I break a jig before having to re-tie unless I chane head colors.I'm using 20# yellow.
    If I dont ask its my fault for not knowing

Post Thanks / Like

thanks, I'm going to try some on one rod to see it I like it.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Louie, I don't know about SSPP ... but, I've been using an Improved Clinch knot on regular PowerPro 10/2 and adding a double granny knot to the tag end, to stop any possible slippage.

Basically, what I do is tie the Improved Clinch and pull it "snug" (but not cinched tight) ... and I leave a tag line of several inches. Before cinching the knot "tight", I make a loop with the tag line & make two wraps of the tag end through the loop & pull that tight. Then I continue cinching down the IC knot. If the knot slips any at all, which it may do with brand new PP braid, the knot in the tag line will pull to the IC knot & stop any further slippage. I then cut off any remaining tag line with my Fiskar scissors, and I'm good to go. So far, I've not had any problem with the knot slipping loose. In fact, if I take my time & do the Improved Clinch knot slowly & precisely, I seldom even need the granny knot, even on brand new braid. But, if the Slick 8 is more prone to slippage than brand new regular PP ... I'd probably tie the double granny in the tag line, first, then do the Improved Clinch and allow the slippage to occur until the two knots connected. And if the slippage did not occur, I'd probably cut the tag line close to the IC knot ... unless the double granny was real close, then I'd cut the tag line outside of it & leave "granny" for insurance.

Mind you, however, that I'm only using ONE rod/reel with braid. And I don't usually change baits often on that rod ... usually only using a Roadrunner or Whirly Bee for casting. So I'm not having to constantly be retying different baits onto the braid. If I wanted to constantly be switching baits, I'd tie a small fast lock speed clip onto the line. And, yeah ... I'd still use a Improved Clinch. I've just used it for about 50yrs, with good results, and I can tie it without thinking about what I'm doing ... so I've never bothered to learn/remember any other knots

... cp
    Likes wannabe fisherman LIKED above post