Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Checking in

Post Thanks / Like

Default Checking in

Hello Guys,

I finally got to come in for a day or two but am positive I won't get to hunt or fish. Things in my line of work are keeping me from everything at the moment.
    So who's sinking the boat with all those crappie fillets? Have been able to check in from time to time but have had to use a cellular connection where I have been. Not much for speed there.
    Well hoping everyone has the merriest of Christmas's and a very happy New Year if I don't get back before then...........
    Hold My beer and watch this sheeet!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Tommy, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year right back atcha. I'm in the same boat as you. Over the last seven weeks, I had six days off during Thanksgiving. No fishing. No hunting. Too little of the wife and kids. Hopefully we'll get some time off soon. I think I may get in this Wednesday or Thursday, if they don't have any trouble. That never happens in the oilfield, huh? Happy holidays, wherever you may be.---Pooch

specker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy
    Hello Guys,

I finally got to come in for a day or two but am positive I won't get to hunt or fish. Things in my line of work are keeping me from everything at the moment.
    So who's sinking the boat with all those crappie fillets? Have been able to check in from time to time but have had to use a cellular connection where I have been. Not much for speed there.
    Well hoping everyone has the merriest of Christmas's and a very happy New Year if I don't get back before then...........
    Hello Tommy,

I am new to the board. I noticed you live in Jonesboro so I imagine you fish Caney a lot. Do you ever fish D'arbonne? The fish are in the channel and things are starting to get good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by specker
    Hello Tommy,

I am new to the board. I noticed you live in Jonesboro so I imagine you fish Caney a lot. Do you ever fish D'arbonne? The fish are in the channel and things are starting to get good.

Hi Specker,

I have fished D'arbonne in the past but seldom ever fish it anymore. There is some fine fishing there especially when the fish move into the channel. I do fish Caney alot and also fish Black Lake and Grande Bayou. Never have a problem catching fish on any of the 3 so I don't get too far from them.
    By the way, welcome to the board. I think our Louisiana board is doing very well and getting a lot of attention. I think you will enjoy the board and the people who are members. There is a lot of very good info pasted on here.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey,Tommy...

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy
    Hi Specker,

I have fished D'arbonne in the past but seldom ever fish it anymore. There is some fine fishing there especially when the fish move into the channel. I do fish Caney alot and also fish Black Lake and Grande Bayou. Never have a problem catching fish on any of the 3 so I don't get too far from them.
    By the way, welcome to the board. I think our Louisiana board is doing very well and getting a lot of attention. I think you will enjoy the board and the people who are members. There is a lot of very good info pasted on here.

Been a long trip for you this go-round. Things must have been difficult on the rig....but like Pooch said things like that never happen in the oil field...lol!

Dave and I have been doing ok in Cypress and Black Bayou drifting the deep water with Rosys, but the weather has not been favorable lately with high winds and rain, but we catch a decent day occaisionally. We're expecting some ice and snow (according to the weather channel) tomorrow and Thursday. Hope all goes well with you, be safe and have a good Christmas.

Post Thanks / Like

HI Bill,

Great to hear you are catching fish. I cooked up 5lbs of fillets out here on the rig tonight. Man they were fine for frozen fish.
    I actually left one job after spending 30 days it and came to another. I am about ready for several days at home. More like several weeks. I know my lab is chewing at the fence and wondering where the heck I am at. Those dogs know when duck season is open...LOL
    Anyway, I should get out of here in a few days and plan on enjoying life for a while.....

Great to hear from you and hope you have a wonderful Christmas yourself....