Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Pelicans

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pelicans

Last weekend we were fishing in the Camden area. We saw at least 500 pelicans. It is the 1st time I have seen any in that area. Are they seen around Paris also?
    Last edited by sls; 11-02-2006 at 02:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw quite a few at Reelfoot last week.

Post Thanks / Like

How did you fair at Reelfoot last week, I know it was WINDY.

Yea Matt there were a lot of them. But they left some time last week.

I was told by some people that they will stay in one area until there is no food left. Said a couple of bar ditches he knows, were full of fish and could catch you limit anytime for as long as he could remember and then a big group of pelicans came in and stayed two weeks and you couldn't catch a fish for months, until the river got back in and re stocked it.

Get The Net

Post Thanks / Like

I have a house on Sand Island and have fished the area for the past 12 years. I have seen the Pelicans there for at least the past six or seven years.

Post Thanks / Like

I was seeing them on a lake here by the house I was fishing. I came home and told my family that there are pelicans swimming around out there. Of course they told me I was lying. The next week I got pictures of them. These pelicans are common in this area, but mainly in TN. Ga. and some other states in your region. The ones I saw must have gotten off their flight pattern. I forget what kind they were but American Pelican comes to mind.

I live about 5 miles from the Mississippi River and some days I see alot of Seagulls. I figure they are following barges up the river. The don't believe me.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw about 500 pelicans a couple of weeks ago at Reelfoot Lake, between whites landing and keystone ramp.